Chapter 9

The Bluetooth chip activated once she passed over the barriers of digital security scanner. She didn't know there were such technology in this world. She has long forgotten about digital technology.

She did change her outfit to fancy blue shirt along the way upon the request of the vampire. So, she blended perfectly with the surroundings and unnoticeable from the creature's crowd. Good.

Her scrawny appearance wasn't of any interest to the onlookers of the few imploring eyes. Looking into the smiling and innocent eyes of the seemingly human images of the monsters, her patience slightly shook.

Perhaps her headache reached the worst when she stepped onto the dancing floor hoping to quickly cross this so she can sit on the stools arranged near the drinks. When her body mingled within the odours of the creatures, she felt dizzy with a reflex of something upcoming in her throat.

She breathed a relief when she finally reached the lightly lit corner of the club where the drinks were served. The coins on the counter got the bartenders divided attention fully, making her a beautiful sober drink.

She wondered how much the alcohol level has to be to get the immune system of the creatures to be slightly tipsy. The people she bumped into didn't even notice they bumped into a real, solid creature.

Some people really looked to be in the pinnacles of their income. They were sitting a little far away from the crowded space and it was difficult to not notice them. The tables were arranged like they were at a fancy gambling centre.

She silently sipped the drink, looking at the exquisite site of the fine services handed out to people sitting in that area. She side glanced the secret commotion between the manager and the workers. They seem to be in a hurry to set up something.

The middle aged man was sweating his forehead with an angry expression, reprimanding the two workers who didn't dare to raise their head. More workers were setting up a table with an emergency in their actions.

She slightly covered her mouth with her hand, and whispered softly into the Bluetooth.

"Is there something important going on at the club today? "

The sudden voice coming from the chip slightly startled her.

" Even if there was, it wouldn't interrupt you. Don't worry. Many influential figures visit often. As long as you stay away, you'll be unscathed."

She retracted her hand thoughtfully, placing it back on the counter and towards the unfinished drink of hers. Usually, she rarely would think about the implications before doing something rashly.

But this time, something didn't feel right. Almost as if, something was about to happen. Uneasiness was hitting her in waves making her more cautious than she ever was. She trusted her gut rather her heart blindly whenever she does something reckless.

She got up from her seat and sat far away from the table they were arranging. Far enough that she could actively observe what's going on but blocking herself from the view. It would be sometime before it will hit the "late night" where security will easen up enough for her to explore.

The spots that the vampire explained were too few and it would require great deal of effort for her to be quick on her shoes when she gets into trouble. She should use this time to casually observe any interesting changes and get used to the surroundings.

She wanted to lean her head back a little but stayed alert when a loud laughter brought her out of thoughts. The ladies sitting adjacent to her seat were gossiping about something and were laughing so crazily while drinking that not only they managed scared the nearby people, they also startled the bartender standing next to them.

"And that skinny skank has the audacity to call me ugly when she looks like she had been existing before the dinosaurs! "

The other woman doubled over in laughter, her head falling on the speaking woman's shoulder, not even bothering to listen to the full sentence.

???
- - - - -

Thankfully, anyone didn't notice her  even after she sat for more than an hour. Looks like the vampire held a lot of tricks. The turtle chain around her neck seemed to interest her more when she thought about it. Did she make the right decision about reaching her hand out?

What if the vampire deceives her after she brought what he wanted? What if she didn't manage to bring it? But he held so much trust in his eyes that it was hard to ignore. She felt in her gut about that man's personality. Those are the eyes of someone who have no hidden intentions.

Hopefully it stays that way. She doesn't trust her gut to give people her trust. It seems too far fetched in this world.

The amount of people that were entering has reduced a lot over the next hour. At this time, something happened that caught her attention. A couple of extravagant people arriving made most of the heads turn. But the change in everyone's personality was so subtle that if she didn't observe carefully she would have high probability of not noticing.

They sat around the table that were arranged with exquisite drinks and fine dining. The same table everyone was hurrying about.

The manager came out himself, sweat on his forehead no longer visible. He was smiling from ear to ear exchanging pleasantries. At one point, he almost seems to be bowing respectfully.

But what caught her attention and set her instincts on haywire was that one man from the table. There's something so unusual about him that made her uncomfortable. His eyes always roamed about, mirroring hers in unease.

The manager sometimes got his attention but he always managed to look around unintentionally, his uncanny gaze searching for something. She frowned lightly.

Her unease grew when the tall man excused himself from the table and strolled around, managing to arrive at the same spot she sat a long time ago.

She felt the feeling in her gut again. She wanted to puke. This has to stop. She looked towards the door which has stopped receiving customers shortly after the entry of these strange people.

Time to go.