Chapter 10

He was sweating profusely even though he wiped his face clean just now. The intimidating atmosphere of the men that were sitting on the table right now made his heart shiver with dread. He only wished that the cook could suddenly grow two pairs of hands to make the dishes faster.

"Stop staring at your phone. The poor man has been standing next to you for so long. Order already. "

The said man looked up from his phone and stared at the man that looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. He smiled mischievously.

" Does it usually take this long to approach a table for an order? "

The man's heart shook with intensity trying to come up with an answer. But the imploring eyes dared him to speak another word.

" Sir that-"

"Oh shut it will ya? Order something already. The council was a pain in the arse today, don't become one too. "

The man grunted, irritatedly. Finally inclining, an order was placed.  The manager couldn't hide the excitement of turning his back away. He didn't know why the leaders of the South decided to visit today.

But when he heard that all four of them are heading towards his club, he almost fainted of pressure. There were many rumours about the leaders and he didn't know he will ever meet them someday. Perhaps if anyone said that one day he will be visited by all four of them, he's probably gonna laugh in their face.

How could they travel so far away? Especially when they're from the south? But today something incredible happened to which he didn't know to feel grateful or dread. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, otherwise he couldn't live the next second.

"It's rare that we all meet and dine together. Let's heartfully have a meal and put your brother quarrel outside. "

The blonde haired man replied, startling the two who were having a staring contest.

" Matti since when were you the peacemaker? Since the last time I saw you, the council almost wanted to get rid of you because of your anger issues. Looks like y'er girl really changed you. "

The man put his phone aside and playfully nudged the speechless man.

" Sure, atleast I was not the one who asked for advice tearfully when your pregnant mate was mad at you. "

This earned a couple of chuckles from the man that was quite impatient. His frown turned into a relaxed laughter, flowing smoothly.

"Artemis? "

The black haired man turned his head to the person who had called him. But his attention was not here.

"You've been looking around so much.  Find any interesting ladies? "

The man sitting next to the blonde man sniggered making the other two men looking towards their friend. But the latter's eyes were strayed into unfocus. His eyes glowed slightly while his hands were clenched under the table.

"I will head out and clear my mind. "

The other three looked incredulous, but they didn't oblige. It could lead to something dangerous, if one ignored their instinct. It wasn't new, but the general today emitted a different aura.

The dim light made it hard to see clearly, but he could sense everything. It's a curse and a blessing at the same time. But right now, his senses are driving him crazy. Crazy enough for him to look like a lost person in a sea of people.

The fragrance of the air was light. But the deep essence of cologne and alluring scent of roses etched onto his mind. He wasn't new to losing control.  But this time, if the scent keeps tingling his senses, the monster within have high probability of breaking through.

The moment he got up and strolled straight, many people avoided his sight. Something was urging for him to follow.

When he finally got to the place where the scent came off strong, he almost closed his eyes because of the strong impulse for his beast to be let out. At this moment, a hand landed on his tensed shoulders.

"Why do you look so tensed? "

His demeanour relaxed a little, seeing the familiar eyes of his former alchemist. He shook his head with a sigh. He didn't know what was going on either. Their instincts sometimes are unpredictable.

It's what makes them dangerous. Even the alchemist in front of him who was of elven tribe looked uncomfortable with his gaze. They don't follow honorifics of the werewolf culture and it somewhat irked him this time, even though this was his trusted companion.

"Nothing. I needed a distraction. "

When he leaned onto the counter to grab a drink, the scent hit him harder, momentarily stunning him. A gentle laughter rang out.

"Art ya sure yer alright? Your expression kinda reminds me of somethin' recently."

The elf came besides him, grabbing himself a drink. He wetted his lips thirstily before he decided to speak up again.

"Our pack kin found 'er mate and he held the same gaze. Y'know how elves feel about matehood and it also happens very rarely. "

" The kin was absolutely livid. He almost had to break her legs and take her home because of her fiery behaviour. "

After he let out a humorous laugh, the general infront of him froze.