Chapter 8

"I've been so hungry. Yah! Blond hair! Come here."

She looked incredulously at the man's exaggerating voice. The man's eyes glowed when he ordered what she has eaten earlier. Finally, a huge plate of momos were placed before the excited man. Perhaps he felt her scrutinising stare, he looked back at her with same intensity.

"What are you looking at!? I've seen you inhaling the momos faster than anyone I seen eat in my entire life!"

"Hmm, makes me wonder is why you're thin as a stick though you could swallow more than a vacuum cleaner "

She gritted her teeth with frustration and was about to say something when she caught the waitress put another portion of freshly steamed momos in her vision. She looked at him dumb founded.

" what!? It's not everyday you get treated by someone like me. I know you owe me, but it's only because of my kind nature. Don't misunderstand,  I don't want to break another girl's heart. "

He dramatically sighed before picking up the chopsticks and stuffing his mouth till it looked like a chipmunk. She didn't mind the strange actions of the vampire because the delicate smell distracted her like a drug.

After a long while of waiting on her side, the vampire finally finished the last one. The waitress that came to take off the dishes was startled by the loud inhumane burping. She looked speechless at the vampire who looked so elegant and handsome.

This person's actions doesn't suit their face at all. He finally spoke after the waitress left.

"The reason I approached you is, I wanted help regarding some matters. And I'll help you with anything that you wish for within my range. Be it gold, money, guidance, regarding your problem or anything. "

No hidden intentions. That was better than trapping her using her weakness. She needed to know more about the person before her. To see if he really held any hatred towards the werewolves. If he did, it would be dangerous to involve herself, a mere human.

"What is it that you need help with? "

" I'm not allowed to go into certain place as my identity could be revealed. I want you to help me retrieve something in an important place. "

"Why did you chose me?"

"You are strong enough to deal with many things. And it's easy to find who has got honest eyes in humans. You're perfect for me to trust. "
                              - - - - -

She almost choked on the momos on her plate when the vampire suggested a place she has never set a foot on. The item that he wanted her to retrieve sounded suspicious too, as it's only a letter in a discarded corner.

What's so important about something that is abandoned? She wondered hesitantly. The thing that bothered her the most was setting a foot on places that were so crowded by creatures. It made her feel nauseous to the core.

The club, the spots where humans are so rare to see. Because the place is often visited by werewolf upper class and authority. It would intimidate even the humans who has privilege8 of being rich.

Only those who are involved in business affairs or servants who follows along would be sighted. Yet, the security was top notch as a national bank. If the item was really in a discarded corner of the place, she wouldn't mind snatching it.

Her consciousness is getting weaker day by day with the destructive thoughts. She doesn't have a home. She doesn't have an identity. She lacks the basic fundamental principles of humans.

Probably she has been spacing out a lot, the man walking besides her casually tapped on her shoulder to get her attention.

"Are you okay? Did you eat too much?"

She almost huffed unamused but held it in when she saw the traces of concern over his face. There was a subtle awkward silence in the air that reached to nowhere until they finally saw the glamorous banner of the club and the guards stationed at the side, a little far away from them.

The ongoing set of drifters blocked their view as the man took out a simple necklace. The turtle symbol on the necklace was made with so much precision and details. She unknowingly reached her hand to grasp the necklace given to her.

"This will hide your true gender and make your scent not so noticeable. But, please remember that they still can sense you're a human and you need to be aware. "

"I'll never let anyone go into danger willingly. You should remember well the spots I've mentioned if anything goes wrong. I'll be waiting outside."

"And I know you have a trick up your sleeve to enter based upon your gaze"

His smile spread from ear to ear, smooth crinkles at the corner of his eyes indicating the gentle humour he held.

"Cya, slim pole"

She stared with a dark gaze at the fastly disappearing vampire. Vampires are well known for their short temper and vicious intelligence. But looking at the silly man laughing at his own nickname for her made her reevaluate the image of vampires.

The moment she appeared before the two towering creatures and handed them the card of hers, she was dismissed quickly without even looking down at her.

It was a good thing to be underestimated as a human. Now she gets why the vampire didn't completely change her scent from a human. But they truly checked the card she had given them. Too bad. They weren't smart enough to implement more verifications.