Don't be afraid of me

I looked at her and easyly could say that she was one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Her sleepy, icey blue eyes were looking directly in mine piercing through my soul. Her cute nose, her full lips, little dimples which appeared when she smiled at me and black, messy hair that fell on her shoulders and back. Everything about her was perfect. I zoned out, admiring her fetures as she calmed me down.

"You know, it's not so polite to stare." She chuckled quietly. I immediately looked down again avoiding her gaze. "Sorry." I whispered. "It's okay." She touched my cheek and I flinched a bit.

"Can you stand up?" She asked. "I guess. You know I don't trust you, I mean... I don't even know you're name." I replayed looking at her again. "I know, but if I'd like to kill you, you'd be dead by now. I'm Billie by the way." She said calmly, picking up my knife from the ground. She held it in her hand, studying the patterns decorating it. "Nice work, silver gothic ornaments... am I right?" She smiled. "Yeah, you are, Billie." I responded with confusion in voice, smiling back.

She grabbed the knife by the blade and handed it to me. I grabbed it by the handle. When I pulled it out of her hand, I saw as her face expression changed and she furrowed her eyebrows in pain. I noticed a trickle of blood on the inner side of her hand, some of it was driping on the ground. "Fuck, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I blurted out, understanding what happened. "It's nothing, it will heal." Her eyes sparkled as she watched the blood flowing from the wound.

She stood up and pulled me up from pine needles. We aproached the bonfire and sat on the log.

"You still never told me you're name." She interrupted the uncomfortable silence surrounding us. "Rachel Coleman." I said, fixing my hair and pulling some pine needles from it. "Pretty name..., it suits you." "Thanks, same with yours, but I'd like to know the rest of it." She knew what I meant by that. "For now, Billie will have to be enough." She said throwing some sticks into the fire. "God, You're so myserious." I playfully rolled my eyes which made her chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, sitting astride a log, facing me. "I could ask you the same thing. Believe me that finding here pretty, a bit spooky girl was the last thing I expected." After a second I reliesed what I just said. "You think I'm pretty?" A flirty smirk appeared on her face. I lowered my head a little, letting my hair fall on my cheeks and I looked away to hide how hard I blushed, but it was obvious that Billie saw it. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that she bit her bottom lip.

It was a little bit frustrating that even when I tried to show of some cocky attitude, it was immediately cut off by her words or actions which made me fold. I've never felt like that around anyone. It was just something intimidating about her and I couldn't fight it.

"Listen darling, you'll tell me something about yourself and then I'll tell you about myself. Deal?" She asked. "Deal." We shook hands.

"So, I wanted to go hiking. I chose this location, packed everything I needed, and at the outskirts of Los Angeles I hitched a ride." I said pulling map out of my backpack. "I got out of the car on the eastern side of the forest. My goal was to follow the main red trail and then complete the trip on the black trail that ends on the west side. The whole route, if I counted correctly, is about 8 miles."

Billie leaned closer to me as I showed her my map. She took it out of my hands. "Then, in town called Blackstone I'd hitched another ocasion and get back." I explained. "So, you're from LA huh, you know, when I look at this I'm not surprised that you got lost." She admited, staring at the map. "Why?" I asked in a bit rude tone which I didn't mean. "This map is a total crap. In this forest there's no black trail and never was. If you wanted to get to Blackstone, you'd have to turn here and continue on yellow one which actually exists but is not marked in your map." Billie explained.

"Right now we are here, look." She pointed to the northwestern part of a dark green spot that was supposed to imitate Fallen Angel's Woods. "Fuck, how you know all of this?" I asked, still in disbelief of what she told me. "Because I live here my whole life, so in 2 months it'll be 21 years.

"You live here?" "Yeah, I do, my house is mile from here." She smiled giving me back the map. "You wanna go there?" She asked. In her gorgeous eyes I could see shining reflection of fire. "I still don't trust you, Billie." I sighed sadly. "Oh come on, please don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you. I don't have any purpose in hurting you, Rach. I wanna help you." She said calmly, trying to convince me. "Alright." I finaly agreed, I just couldn't refuse her. "Great." Her face lit up. "But let's sit here a little longer if you don't mind." She said, starring into the flames.

*Little Timeskip*

"Before we go, Do you have something to drink? I'm a bit thirsty." "Sure." I handed her half full bottel of water. She took a sip and after a second she spit everything into fire. "Fuck, how can you drink that shit!?" She almost shouted with unpleased expression on her face. "It's just water." "It's sparkling." "You don't like it sparkling?" I laughed. "Fuck you." She chuckled.

"Let's go, it's late." She stood up. From the ground Billie picked up a solid branch and took a piece of fabric from the pocket of her long black coat. Then she poured alcohol on the cloth, wrapped one end of the branch in it and lit it on fire, creating a torch. In the meantime I checked the time. It was 11:13 pm. I also noticed that my battery is slowly dieing. I put my phone in a pocket and helped Billie put out the fire.

"Come on, beautiful." She said making me blush again. Billie extended her hand towards me, signaling me to grab it. I reliesed that it was the same hand that had the cut on it. Now it was completly healed. The only thing that was left, was a narrow pink scar, nothing else. I just grabbed her hand and didn't ask about it. Maybe because I was scared to disscus this topic in that moment or maybe I just didn't want to know who or what she was. I mean, I wanted to know, just not yet. Not yet...