Chapter 1

- this part is like a backstory and where they are now!!

Joel used to be a hero, in fact a great hero. But he threw it all away just because of Etho. Joel liked Etho since they were heroes together, but refused to admit it. After all he wanted to keep their relationship strictly professional. I mean, that was initial intent.

Etho was considered the second best hero, hot guy (scar) being the first but that wasn't important. Etho had weak feelings for Joel, never really interested in him. He only talked to him for work related stuff. What was the point in them being friends? He didn't even know Joel's real identity.

(ALSO THEY HAVE HERO NAMES IM JUST GONNA USE ETHO AND JOEL SO I DONT CONFUSE ANYONE OR MYSELF!)

Joel left and became a villain because he was bored of having to be a hero. Always having to be perfect, never allowed to make mistakes. He wasn't exactly a villain, he had no ill intents, it was kinda just for the thrill. He worked with someone named cute guy (Grian). Joel is reckless and causes damage to the city, but because his real identity is unknown, he hasn't been arrested for anything.

Etho dedicated his life to finding out Joel's real identity, it would be his greatest accomplishment! Capturing and arresting one of the best villains.

This part of the story takes place before Joel leaves and becomes a villain!!!

Joel's POV :

I was sitting in the hero's office room, where we waited to be given a mission or for a patrol job to start.

I happened to be bored out of my mind per usual. I was tired, my body hurt, and I couldn't stand the obnoxious bright lights.

This stupid body suit felt so uncomfortable, at least I look cool. The only things that made this bearable were the air conditioning and my headphones.

I heard someone walking up to me, but I chose to ignore them.. hopefully they would go away!

But no, they couldn't get the hint. The person put their hand on my shoulder and I took one head phone off my ear.

"We have patrol together, get up we're going." The voice was familiar, it was Etho.

I turned my head away, I felt my cheeks getting hot. "k" I stood up from my chair.

I pushed my chair in and followed Etho out to the hallway. "Uhm-, I'm gonna put my stuff away in my room real quick" I said

I went to my room where it only had a bean bag and file cabinet. I placed my headphones and phone down on the cabinet.

I locked the room on my way out with my keys, before running up to Etho.

"Alright so, we are patrolling along [super cool street name!]" Etho said, walking out of the building.

It was awkward working with Etho, he never really talked to anyone. Maybe I should say something? I don't know, this is so stupid and confusing.

"Y'know..I've always wondered why they had us work in such a large building. It's like a big sign that just says 'Hey! Villains, or anyone who doesn't like the heroes, here we are!'" I said, fiddling with my mechanical crap.

Etho slapped my hand away from my watch "don't mess with that." He said as he grabbed my wrist to look at the watch settings.

"Jeez sorry" I tried to tug my wrist back, but he was adjusting the settings back to normal.

Etho sighed and let go of my wrist. "Just don't touch it next time. They are set up very precisely"

I refrained from rolling my eyes like a jerk.

I looked over and spotted a dog just sitting on the sidewalk with no collar. I ran over to it with no hesitation.

I started petting the dog, until Etho grabbed my arm and pulled it away from the dog. "What if he has rabies-!"

"Awh but he's such a cute dog!!" I used my other hand to pet the dog. "Whose a good doggy?"

Etho pinched the bridge of his nose, before leaning down and picking me up. "We can't just sit here and pet dogs, we have work to do"

I swung my legs to try and kick Etho "Oi! Put me down!"

Etho carried me over to where we were patrolling and sat me down on a bench. "Wasn't that bad was it?"

"It was horrible, you smell like- uh...fresh cut grass!" I was trying to think of an insult without being too mean.

Etho looked dumb founded "Why kind of insult was that-?"

Etho didn't actually smell like freshly cut grass, more so like coconut lotion. Which actually smelt kind of nice.

Etho didn't sit down or anything. He stayed standing on full alert.

"What's the point of patrolling, nothing ever goes on around here ever since that weird guy doc got his creepers under control" I groaned.

"I dunno" Etho shrugged. Moving my legs off the bench and sitting down on the other side of the bench.