Chapter 12: The Blue Spirit

Team Avatar has set up camp. Sokka is lying against Appa, huddled in his sleeping bag. He is coughing, and there is sweat on his face.

Sokka was very sick.

"This should bring down your fever." Katara putting a wet cloth against her brother's forehead.

"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor." Sokka moans.

"That's nice, I'll tell him."  Katara knew the best thing to do was to play along. Appa growls.

Sokka laughs. "Classic Appa."

"How's Sokka doing?" Kenshin asked after coming back from Aang teaching him how to use an air scooter.

"Not so good. Being out in that storm really did a number on him." Katara complains as Sokka starts sniffing pitifully.

"Hey, Li Na~."  Sokka winks at Kenshin.

"Who's Li Na?"  Kenshin ask, concerned.

"Stop playing with me, Li Na~", Sokka continues before shivering.

"Anyways, Kenshin and I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea but we found a map." Aang places the map on the floor. "There's an herbalist institute on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there."

"Guys, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow." Katara starts coughing.

Kenshin gasps. "Not you, too!"

"Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fi-" She coughs again, this time with greater force, and lightly groans after.

Thankfully, Kenshin didn't feel sick at all.

"That's how Sokka started yesterday! Now look at him, he thinks he's an earth bender and that Kenshin is some girl name Li Na!"  Aang exclaims while shielding his face.

"Take that you rock! Hey, Li Na~", Sokka waves.

"For the last time, who is Li Na?",  Kenshin asked.

"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense, too! Kenshin and I are going to get some medicine."  Aang  grabs his glider and begins to head out just as a flash of lightning strikes.

"Uh, maybe it's safer to travel on foot, that we should." Kenshin suggested.

"Right,  Keep an eye on them, guys." Aang told Momo and Appa.

"Ha, ha! You guys are killing me!", Sokka laughs, he wasn't getting any better.

Kenshin and Aang bolt to the herbal institute.

{~With (Y/n)~}

The storm was over. But you lost the Avatar and the Battosai's trail again. You could feel Zuko's hopelessness and rage building up. Recently, you had updated your log and kept it under your bed. No one knew about it, but no one needed to. You were now with Zuko and Lieutenant Jee in the bridge, looking over a map.

"We haven't been able to pick up the Avatar's trail since the storm. But, if we continue heading northeast — " The Lieutenant was cut off as the light from outside was blocked by an enormous shadow.

"What is that?" You ask  looking outside to the window and saw it. Another Fire Navy ship, a massive hulking thing, passing you, headed the opposite direction.

Everyone on Zuko's bridge stared in awe at it.

Iroh glanced over the three of you, temporarily leaving his game of Pai Sho.