Chapter: 3 Mission unknown

The three of them woke up early, took their bags from Rudolph, ate breakfast, and got ready to go on their first mission: survive; reach the special school; learn the unknown.

'After you cross the lake, go southwards until you find a huge banyan tree, find a hole in the tree's trunk, and go inside.' Rudolph said.

"Inside a tree trunk?" Lewis snickered. He had tried doing that once. Don't ask for details.

"Yes," said Rudolph.

"Thank you so much, Rudolph," Sania said.

"Reach there by sunset," Rudolph warned.

They all set towards the lake, said goodbye, and crossed it. It was easier than the day before.

"What to do now?" asked Lewis.

"Go south and find the tree, silly" answered Jake.

They all went south without encountering any monsters for a while. But luck wasn't on their side. A large fox-like beast with large fangs and a spiky tail appeared.

Being brave and strong, they ran until they found a big hole.

" Let's cover this with leaves," suggested Lewis. He was a prankster, but he had a brain. Not to mention that the plan was cliche.

"Good idea" They had finished covering the hole with leaves when the creature came snarling.

"Foxie! Come here!" screamed Sania. She hoped Foxie was a good insult.

The creature ran towards them but didn't notice the hole. It stepped on it and went stumbling inside the pit.

"At least it won't be able to come up." Said Lewis. Hopefully.

Just then the fox creature made a massive leap from the hole and landed on Sania.

The fox creature was about to bite her, and Sania made a quick prayer to God. She didn't believe in one, being an atheist, but she would take all the help she could. Many things were happening around her. Jake was screaming and was floating in the air. A strong gust of wind took the creature away. It did not seem to affect Sania, but Lewis was knocked off his feet

"Who did that?" asked Lewis, getting up from the place he fell.

"Don't blame me!" Sania defended herself.

Both of them turned towards Jake. "You did that?" they both asked in unison. She and Lewis were different, but Jake, Jake? He was too nice and practical to be mixed up in this!

Jake seemed to be nervous. "When that fox creature was about to bite you, I got angry and screamed. Just then I seemed to be floating in the air and that gust of wind took the monster."

"Huh, first Sania put fire on those eagle kidnappers, and then I could breathe underwater with no difficulty, now Jake blew up the monster." Said Lewis

"In short we have superpowers. Coming from a practical person like me." Jake said.

'Do you remember when Rudolph tensed when we explained our adventure?' Sania recalled.

"Yeah," said Lewis

"He said this is wrong," Sania said. "Does this mean we have some superpower?" she asked.

"That's what I said!" Jake remarked.

"Guys we should keep moving, I can feel that something is gonna happen," said Lewis "My sixth sense is tingling." You have to believe in a prankster's sixth sense.

They kept moving southwards until they reached the big banyan tree. They found the hole in its trunk and were about to go down when they heard a distant cry.