- 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝟎𝟎𝟐

𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲
-𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝟐-

𝐏𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐬𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟎/𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟏

"You ready?" Eddie asked a now sixteen year old Stevie. She took a deep breath and nodded. He followed her up the steps onto the small stage, the rest of the band close behind them.

"Evening," Billy greeted the small crowd, "were the Dunne brothers." He said with a slight smile, readjusting his microphone.

"For now.." Eddie added. Stevie glanced at him and shook her head, letting out a breathy laugh. He looked back at her with a grin and Warren shouted a quick 'woo' before counting them in.

Stevie looked down, two hands on her microphone and tapping her foot to the beat.

✯✯✯

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧: We did ten proms.. twenty graduation parties — I mean I don't even know how many sweet sixteens (laughing)

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞: It was fun (she nodded) I got to spend time with the people closest to me and.. do what I loved.

✯✯✯

Stevie kept her eyes closed as Billy began singing. After the first few lines she began joining in, slightly quieter than he was. Eddie nodded along and watched her as she sang. He too was singing along with Eddie — also not as loudly.

✯✯✯

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦: The band was a distraction, an escape.. you know? None of us ever thought of it as anything more than that. Not even Billy.

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞: (looking down) I did.

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦: And then one night, everything changed.

✯✯✯

Stevie's eyes diverted to Billy as he stopped singing, his eyes fixated on a man in the crowd. She looked to Graham with confusion who was too focused on the man in the crowd.

The two brothers stormed away from the stage after the song finished and Stevie looked around. Eddie, Warren and Chuck hesitantly put their instruments down.

She was the first to follow after the pair. "Hey— Billy!" She heard Graham shout. Stevie caught the door just before it closed on her and joined them outside. "He's supposed to be in Georgia, Graham." Billy pointed.

"Well he's not, alright?" Graham's voice was shaking slightly. "I bet he never even fucking left." He looked away.

"What's wrong with you guys?" Eddie asked.

"Not now.. Eddie." Graham shook his head. Stevie gently linked her arm around Graham's in a reassuring way, looking up at him.

"You sound great tonight man.. and you were fucking ripping in there!" Warren stated, completely oblivious. "What's going on?"

"You see the guy in there in the plaid suit?" Graham asked.

"Who? The creepster with a comb over and the girl half his age?" Warren joked with a chuckle. Stevie wrapped her arms around herself, starting to feel the chill of the night air.