- 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝟎𝟎𝟓

𝐔𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲
-𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝟓-

Stevie stood behind her microphone in the recording studio. "Seriously, the ballad? He's gonna think we're Andy fucking Williams!" Eddie argued.

She shook her head whilst they continued arguing, ignoring them. That's when Teddy Price strolled in. He sat down, looking at them through his sunglasses.

"We just, uh, we wanted to say thank you for this opportunity. We're the six and this is Silver Nail." Billy announced. Warren counted them in and Stevie tapped her foot to the beat gently.

Billy looked incredibly nervous. Stevie's heart was pounding against her chest but nevertheless, she sang like there was nobody watching.

After two songs, Teddy stopped them by raising a hand and dread filled Billy. "I've got one request." He stated. Billy nodded once, swallowing hard. Stevie wiped her hands onto her flared jeans and took a breath.

"You— what's your name?" He nodded to the blonde girl.

She exchanged a glance with Graham. "Stevie, Stevie Franklin." She said calmly.

"Can you play guitar?" He asked. Eddie and Graham looked at each other, ready to flip out because they were already playing guitar for the band. "I can play rhythm, yes sir." She nodded.

"Perfect. Look, so far i'm liking what i'm seeing but you're missing something." Teddy explained. "You need a Rhythm guitarist. So.. hand the girl a guitar will you?" He said to Billy.

Eddie was slightly annoyed. In fact, he was really annoyed. He had been kicked off doing rhythm when Chuck left because Billy believed having a bass guitarist was more important.

And now Stevie got to do it. She knew it must've stung for him to watch her get handed something so easily.

✯✯✯

𝐓𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐞 (𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐯 𝐆𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰): What can I say? They knocked my fucking socks of (smiling) — oh, can I say fuck? (whispering)

𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧: After he got Stevie to play the guitar on the next song, you could tell that from then onwards it was only going to get better.

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧: She was amazing, dude. I remember thinking 'is there anything this girl can't do?'

𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞: Did that piss Billy off that I got to play the rhythm guitar as well as singing? Abso-fucking-lutely.

𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞: I was also pissed. I wanted to be happy for her but it was hard, y'know?

✯✯✯

The moment the band got back into their van and started driving, they burst into laughter and excitement. "We did it!" Graham shouted as he got pulled into a hug by Eddie.

Stevie and Karen held each other, unable to stop smiling. "Jesus fucking christ!" Stevie covered her mouth.

✯✯✯

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐦: Finally, we were on our way

𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲: People think we played one song for Teddy Price and he gave us a deal (shaking his head) not true.