Chapter 12

set during chapter 11

Jason's POV

We all look at y/n's body with tears in our eyes. "Leo, get us to the ground. Please," I tell him, and we land in a fenced of area. Piper tries to pull y/n off Festus, but I keep hold of her, until Leo convinces me to let go. After Piper carefully pulls y/n off, I sit on the floor, and they lay her body on the floor. Piper decides to explore the area and drags Leo off with her. When I'm sure they can't see, I gently place her head on my knee, letting the tears I was holding back stream down my face. I silently cry, regretting not telling her how I feel.

Suddenly, I hear her say something – "Jason?"

"Y/n? We thought you died," I sob and wrap my arms around her. She says, "Sorry to disappoint you," and sits up in my arms, wrapping hers around me.

"I was so worried. We got to the moonlight, but you didn't wake up. We were sure that you died," I cry into her neck.

"I'm okay, Jason. I promise." I feel her face press into my shoulder, and I thank the gods that I have a chance to tell her and decide that now is the best time.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I –" I hesitate, and she pulls away, looking in my eyes. "It's nothing. I'm glad you're okay."

"Jason, what's going on? You hesitated. You were going to say something else, what was it?"

"Y/n, I... I can't explain it."

"Then show me." So I decide to do something, and I kiss her. After a few moments, I pull away to say, "I love you, y/n. I always have."

She smiles at me and kisses me back, resting her hands on my shoulders. "I love you too," she says, and we both smile. Then, someone pulls her away, and I realize Piper and Leo saw the whole thing. "Hi, y/n. Nice to see that you're alive."

"Nice to see you two as well." She smiles at Piper and Leo. "Just don't do that again, because if you do, I will kill you." We all laugh at Leo's comment.

"Yeah, I'll try not to," she says that, and I stand up, wrapping my arms around her waist.