The Incident

Lucy and Tim got back from the uc mission with dim and juicy. They just got debriefed and were walking in silence to their cars. It was a little bit awkward between them after everything that happened. "I heard you got in to the uc academy" Tim finally said.
"Yess I'm so excited!" She said with a happy voice, she looked at Tim and said "and I think it's good that I'm gone for awhile" her smile faded away. She liked him but she was too scarred to tell him. Tim looked back at her, he felt hurt that she said that. But he knew she was right, he felt the awkwardness between them too. "Yea, uhm, bye. Good luck with uc school!" He said as he turned around.

One month later.
Lucy got back from the uc academy. She saw Tim standing in the hallway, he didn't saw her. She put her hand on his shoulder and he turned around. "Heyy! How was uc school?" He asked. "It was amazing! It was hard but I learned a lot! Did you miss me?" She said with a grin. "Yes I missed you a lot, now I have to ride with Thorsen" he said sarcastically. It felt like the old days again.
It was time for roll call. "I'd like to congratulate officer Lucy Chen for successfully completing the DEA Covert Operations Training Academy. We have some new blood this morning, Celina Juarez. That's it, be safe out there" Grey said.

Lucy was riding solo because Angela and Nyla needed help with a case. "Hey you needed help with a case?" Lucy asked. "Yes we've got a lead on Jim Carter, he is a major drug trafficker." Angela said. Nyla finished her sentence "And we want you as our backup, it's just a small thing so we only need you." "Okay I'm in!" Lucy replied.

They explained all the details to Lucy and went to the location. After waiting for 2 hours the truck finally came. "Police drop your weapons!" They al scream. They all drop their weapons, but then out of nowhere a black suv came. Five men stepped out and started shooting.  Lucy was shot in her leg. "Shots fired at our location! Officer down! I repeat officer down! We need a ra unit and backup!" Angela screamed over the radio.

With Tim and Aaron.
"Lucy is with Angela and Nyla!" Tim said in a panicked tone "how far out are we?" "About 5 minutes away" Aaron replied. "7 Adam 100 show us responding, in route. We'll be there in 5 minutes" Tim said over the radio.
They got to the location and came in from behind. Two guys ran, but didn't make it far because John and Celina came from the other side. They all got put in cuffs. When the shooting stoped Tim immediately ran to Lucy. "Tim! Tim! Help me!" Lucy said trough her tears. "Luce I'm here, I'm here now" Tim replied in a soothing voice.

Then the medics arrived, it was Bailey. They took her to the hospital and Tim went with her in the ambulance. When the got to the hospital Lucy went immediately to surgery. An hour passed and everyone came. "Family and friends of Lucy Chen?" The nurse asked. "Yeah here" Tim said while he stood up. "The surgery went great. She is still asleep but you can go to her, she's in room 305" the nurse said.

Tim ran to room 305, she was sleeping. When it got dark everyone left, except Tim. He got some food from the kantine. While he was eating, Lucy woke up. "Hey, why are you here?" Lucy asked with a weak voice.
Tim looked up and stood up "I'm keeping you company" he replied. "When will you go home?" She asked. "When you are going home" he replied with a soft smile. "But Tim, I have to stay overnight" Lucy said. "Yes Lucy, I know that, I'll sleep on the chair." He said.
She was surprised that he wanted to stay with her, and said "you and I both know that that chair is super uncomfortable. If you really need to stay, you can sleep with me in the bed." Tim didn't expected her to say that "if you insist" he said with a smile.

He got in the bed, but is was really tiny. Lucy put her head on his chest and he held her in his arms. They laid in silence, but not awkward silence . Then Tim broke the silence "when I heard officer down I got really scared that it was you." "You did?" Lucy asked, she tilted her head and looked in his blue eyes. "Yes! I'm so afraid to lose you" he said with a smile