Investigation

Lucy did the whole 5 man trade behind Tim's back. When Tim heard he could go to metro he ran excitedly to Lucy. "Luce!! I got into metro!!" He screamed of joy. Lucy tried to act surprised and said "that's great! Let's celebrate!" They were walking out the station. Then luitenant Primm walked by.
He bumped into her on purpose "watch where you going Chen" he said angrily. She said sorry and he sighed and gave her a side eye. When luitenant Primm was out of hearing distance Tim asked "what was that about?" "I don't know, I never talked to him. And why does he know my name?" Lucy replied. They brushed it off and went to dinner.

It was a week later, Tim was doing great in metro and Lucy was studying for the detective exam. Her leg was now completely healed.
Lucy was in roll call, grey just finished his talk. She stood up and Smitty was standing in the doorway "Hey Chen, one of the people didn't liked your little 5 man trade" he said. "Smitty I don't have time for this" Lucy replied annoyed.
"No hear me out, it's about the detective exam. Luitenant Primm is the one who had it out for you. So if you want to become detective, you need to fall into his good graces." Smitty said. Then she realized why Primm was so angry at her. "Thank you Smitty" she said and walked away.

Lucy went to Tim's office "Hey Tim. First promise you won't get mad, okay?" She said. "What did you do?" Tim asked with a straight face. "No, you're suppose to say 'I could never be mad at you'" she said. Tim just looked at her so just started talking "so you know I told you I wouldn't do the 5 man trade? Well I did it. And now Primm is mad at me. So that means I'll fail the detective exam."
"Lucy! Why did you do this! You ruined your career!" Tim screamed. "I did it for you! You were miserable!" She screamed back she calmed down and asked "will you please help me?" "How?" He just asked. "I have no idea" Lucy said.
"Let's just go to Angela, she will know what to do." Tim eventually said. He placed his hand on Lucy lower back. She looked him in the eyes, he saw the sadness in her eyes. It was wrong for him to yell.

He led her to Angela and they explained the whole situation.
"Ahh luitenant Primm, he is a pain in the ass. I had my eye on him for a while. I have a suspicion he's a crooked cop. I'll try to find some dirt on him, I've got your back." Angela said.

A few days later, Angela called Lucy and Tim over. "I found something" Angela said "Rayan Smith, he was a cop in this station" "yes I remembered him, he committed suicide right?" Tim said. "Yes he did, but that will come later. Rayan was Primm's daughter's boyfriend, he wanted to become a detective. He took the detectives exam and did really good but ended up 15th. Primm was the examiner. After waiting for a long time he finally became a detective. But it didn't work out between Rayan and Primm's daughter, so he broke up with her. She was heart broken.
A week after Rayan became a detective he was found dead. They found a suicide note. The weird thing is, Rayan's fingerprints were never found on the note or the pen. But the fingerprints they did find was from Primm. And Primm led the investigation, so it never came out that his fingerprints were on the note and pen.
And I have compared the note and the handwriting of Primm and it's identical." Angela explained.
Tim and Lucy were speechless "so you're telling us that Primm might be a murderer?" Lucy asked in disbelief. "Basically" Angela said.