Episode 13: A Sexist Teacher

"AHHHHHH!" I screamed. Now I didn't yell for the reason you are probably thinking. No. I screamed because my heart couldn't control itself. "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I was ABSOLUTELY FILLED WITH EXCITEMENT!

Everywhere I looked, my heart just absolutely went out of control. I mean what kinda of boy wouldn't have that reaction. My heart was hitting its limit on how fast it could beat. "WOOOOOWWWWWW!" "OOOOUUCHH!"

"Stop acting like a little boy," Ariella said as she punched me in the rib.

"NO! I won't let the likeness of you to stop me from my JOY!!!" "OOF!"

"I said stop and you will!" she then proceeded to punch me again. "Why are you acting so crazy anyway. Haven't you seen stuff like this before?" As she waved her whole arm around the surroundings of the city.

"NOPE, I NEVER HAVE. I mean just look at this." As I pointed to something that had 6 eyes with the shape of a fish.

"Ugh! Just settle down, that's like the most common fish we eat here."

"And look at this." As I pointed to a miny stage with a person who had four arms juggling 15 blue glowing balls.

"Anyone can do that."

"Well, then how about this huh?" I pointed to a super light blueish slab of stone. "Ouch!"

"ARE YOU SERIOUS! as she punched me in the face.

"YES, IT IS EVERY BOY'S DREAM TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THIS." You see I always had a fondness for fantasy drawings in my world. I mean, it's a whole nother world. I always felt so good when I could make myself imagine living in some fantasy world.

I mean the dragon was cool and all, but I really didn't think it was real. Now that I know this isn't all fake, I really wished I rode on the old wizard now.

We kept walking through the city. Ariella explained that it would take around ONE WHOLE DAYS to get the the center of the city. I mean how big is this city? Our main goal was to get to the castle, but our other goals were to just explore everything. Well, my goals.

"Hey, what's that building." It was a two-story tall building with of course the color blue. People here must be really obsessed with that color. Though like I said, they somehow blend the color so that everything just looks right.

"That is the West Guild building. It's one of the four main guilds in this country. Each of the guilds is named after North, South, East, and West. I am in the North Guild." She said as she did her usual pose. I wonder if they have like ranking systems.

"So how to you guys get ranked?

"Well, I don't know, but I am in the S rank or something."

"Of course, you don't know, what else what I expect." We headed inside the guild because I wanted more information about the city of Jal. We walked in and the same thing happened again. Everyone started to look at Ariella.

"Is that the S ranker White Fist?" "No way, I she is idol" "That can't be, why is she here of all places?" "Isn't that the princess?"

I notice that Ariella has a name for herself among the adventurers. I wonder what epic name I would get if I got famous! I noticed a girl watching me since we came here. She was dressed in dark green and had a brown cloak. She looked pretty but her eyes or eye clearly had a murderous vibe. Ariella then started to walk toward the girl.

"Hey Lydia, how has it been."

"Who's the blondie you're traveling with?

"Nobody important. I am surprised to see you in the city."

"Well, I heard there might be an attack soon, but I did leave my huntress group behind."

"Well, that's great. Anyway, we are heading to the castle cause we need to tell them something important."

Wow, I really feel like a third-wheeler right now.

"So you know about something then. Let us talk elsewhere." Lydia said. Then she walked out of the door and started to walk toward a 3-story tall building. When we got there, she went upstairs and went into a room. It looked like this was a hotel of some sort. She sat down to one of four chairs. Me and Ariella sat down the other.

"So what you know."

"Number 13 is attacking by next week."

"That's bad. Then I am assuming that you are going to warn your father of this? "

"Yes"

"So, then why is that blondie with someone like you?"

Man! They do a really great job of making someone feel like a third-wheeler.

"Believe it or not, somehow he is also a hero like me."

"How? From what I understand, each of the Five worlds would only get one hero? But I guess that makes the prophecy true. It did say it was a "He" Though I really think you are enough for this whole quest."

"Yo, so um, my name is Arthur, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Shut up boy, you have no right to speak in front of me."

"Whoa, lady, I am just trying to hurry along to find my fighting teacher."

"Oh, yeah that's right. Hey Lydia can you train him."

"No! I do not teach men or boys."

"Talk about sexism. OOF!" Lydia then kicked me in the knee and I then knelt before her.

"Know your place boy. I'll have you know I am Lydia of Azsa and the leader of the proud Azsaians." This reminded me of the Amazons.

"Please, Lydia! He won't let me teach him but you can!"

"NOO! I don't want a sexist teacher like her. AH!" I got kicked yet again.

"I will do as you princess say since you saved my life once. But if this boy dares to even look at me in the wrong way, I will kill him." Lydia said seriously as she looked above me like I was an animal.

"OK!" Ariella said happily.

"NO not ok!" I said desperately. Then both of the girls stared daggers at me. Well, I guess it's decided.

"Well princess, it is getting late, why not stay here for tonight. The blondie can just sleep on the streets."

"Wait, please nooo!" I cried out.

"My, he is the loudest male I ever seen." After sitting there for another hour, I got kicked outside. I would have run for it, but I wouldn't know what to do.

Wait, I actually could. Why am I staying here anyway? I could just go and become an adventurer and make my own money. That should be easy.

<This is not a good idea.>

I ignored what Emerald said. Yea, that's perfect. I could totally survive on my own. With that thought, I ran away.