𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 -𝟗

Assalamualaikum Butterflies,

Here is another chapter. I hope you all like it.

Please do vote and comment down your thoughts.

Read and enjoy ❤️‍🩹

" Unexpected things happen in life because that's life

" Unexpected things happen in life because that's life. If everything went as planned, there would be no... " My subconscious mind said.

"There would be no what?" I questioned my subconscious mind.

"I don't know, but you have to face this situation. Look, everyone is expecting you to say something," my mind said.

"What should I say?" I asked back.

"Say whatever you want, but don't faint in front of these people, especially Mr. Khan," my subconscious replied before disappearing.

"Sabah?" The voice called again, and I felt my heart racing.

"Why is he saying my name so casually? And why does my name sound so beautiful? I've never felt this way before. Am I going crazy?" I questioned myself, feeling a rush of anonymous emotions.

I heard footsteps approaching, and within seconds, he was in front of me. I shouldn't feel this way, but he looked devastatingly handsome in his custom-made gray suit. The conference room was dark, but for some reason, his eyes were crystal clear to me, showing a swirl of confusion.

Suddenly, the room lights came on, and I could see not only him but everyone else present, all looking at me with curious eyes.

I played with the strings of my bag, closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them again.

Let's get this done with, Sabah.

"Mr. Salah Ibrahim Khan, I know you are a brilliant businessman and busy with your office and work. But it would be better if you took some time to look after your daughter and see what is going on in her life. You can be strict in your office, but don't be strict with my Niya. She's just a kid, and it's normal for her to want chocolates and ice cream. Instead of letting her have what she wants, you force her to study all the time. For Allah's sake, she's only in second grade, not preparing for civil services. And most importantly don't teach my daughter unnecessary things. I hope you understand what I said. Thank you for your time," I blurted out before hurriedly leaving the room.

But luck has never been on my side. Instead of leaving like a normal person, I managed to hit my head on the glass door, embarrassing myself in front of everyone. I heard chuckles behind me, so without turning to look, I opened the door and went outside, only to find my little devil sitting in the waiting area, stuffing her mouth with a big tub of ice cream.

She smiled sheepishly at me as I glared at her. Realization hit me like a bullet.

Did she just lie to me?