Volume 1 Chapter 11

~In Raymond's locker room~

All the guys changed into their usual clothes and rejoiced at the victory.

Gojin: It's amazing how far we've come, right?!

He spoke with delight.

Yuichiro: Yeah!
Iwato: Let's go home and celebrate!
Hattori: I hope Yona cooked something delicious.

They were happy.

Kozomaru: Come on guys, it's not over yet.

He was serious.

Gojin: I know!
Norika: We have a semi-final ahead of us.
Hiyori: But if we win, it will be in the final!
Hiura: If we win it...
Tatsumi: We will be champions of the football frontier!
Norika: Champions?!
Iwato: Champions?!

They asked with delight, as if they couldn't believe their ears.

Gojin: It's so cool!
Asuto: Champions?

He was at a loss. While the guys continued to communicate with each other, Asuto thought about it. Memories of the Seishaw vs. Outey match surfaced in his mind.

Asuto: Can we become them?

All the guys paid attention to him.

Gojin: What are you talking about? Of course we can!
Asuto: I don't think so... I've seen how strong the Outey team is, and their captain is... Nosaka Yuma inspires fear at all.
Tatsumi: You're right. We don't even have any information about their team.
Gojin: Yes, we will beat these scoundrels once or twice!

Suddenly, Anna intervened in their conversation.

Anna: Are they really scoundrels?

Everyone was surprised.

Gojin: Of course! You saw for yourself how he almost broke my arm!

He was indignant.

Kozomaru: In addition, we found out something because of them, a person who is now in the hospital was injured.
Tatsumi: They also hurt the Seishou team.
Asuto: What if they are forced to do this?
Hiura: But this is quite likely. We don't know what exactly is going on in the Outey team, which consists of《Ares》.
Asuto: That's right! What if they are actually good, but they are forced to play such terrible football? One day, I saw Nosaka fall to his knees because he felt sick, is it possible that they are being controlled in some way? If they refuse to obey the will《Ares》, then they are most likely being hurt!

The guys thought about his words.

*Anna's thoughts: Well... He kind of told me, but he didn't seem to. And Yuma threatened him because of me. If Asuto had told about our meeting with him, it would have aroused suspicion from others. But after the destruction《Ares》, it won't matter to Yuma anymore, since nothing will threaten us anymore, and we won't have to hide our relationship anymore. So Asuto will be fine, I think so...*

Gojin: Then why don't they ask for help?
Hiura: I think even if they want to, they can't. As Asuto said, maybe they are really being controlled. We don't know what or how exactly. If it's using some kind of device, then most likely it's thanks to this device that they're watching them.
Kozomaru: It feels like they're some kind of test subjects.