Volume 1 Chapter 13

~In Tatsumi's room~

The guy was sitting at the table and writing a letter to his mother.

*Letter: Dear Mother. How are you doing? I'm doing well, the semi-finals of the football milestone are just around the corner. Everyone tries in their own way. I'm the captain...*

He stopped and decided to get some fresh air. Tatsumi went out onto the balcony. The guy was thinking about Nosaka's (Hit) words and the letter that the coach had given him. Suddenly, Asuto distracted him from his thoughts.

Asuto: Captain!

He turned to him.

Tatsumi: Asuto...

Asuto approached him.

Tatsumi: I'm sorry for making you worry. I've been thinking about the coach's letter all this time. He thinks we're going to lose the next match.

Tatsumi smiled sadly.

Tatsumi: When the semi-finals are coming up and the coach has left, I have to become the leader of the team, but if all I'm good for is comforting the others... I'm a lousy captain...
Asuto: This is not true! You've been our captain ever since we assembled the team on Inokune! That's why we've managed to achieve so much!
Tatsumi: We may have succeeded in Inakune, but this is a small island on the outskirts. A lot has changed since we got here... Not only our environment, but also ourselves. I guess I'm the only one who hasn't changed... I'm afraid to find my chapel. It's scary to see the big difference between me and Endo, the legendary captain...

He sounded sad.

Asuto: Captain...
Tatsumi: I was not suitable for this role from the very beginning. I'm going back.

He said with a sad smile.

Asuto: Captain, did you hear what Heath was saying? He said you have leadership qualities!

But Tatsumi wasn't listening to him. Both guys returned to their rooms. Almost none of the guys were sleeping and thinking about the upcoming match.

*Asuto's thoughts: The captain and other team members, they are trying to cope with their shortcomings. And I want to master the new hisatsu technique! Besides, we are not the only ones working.*

He turned on his back.

*Asuto's thoughts: Probably Haizaki and Nosaka too... It would be great if Heath was healthy and joined us. I wonder why a pro like him decided to help us? I remember that he said that he was helping us at Anna's request, but why would she do that? Didn't she want to dissolve our football club? And what kind of relationship do they have? Is it possible that Heath used to be on the same team as Endo? But why hasn't anyone heard of him? So many questions, but few answers... Heath is really a mysterious man, but playing football with him was fun! I hope we will play football with him again, but only when he is healthy!*

After these thoughts, he fell asleep with a smile on his face.

~The next day~

After the couples, Anna and Otani decided to go to a sports store and buy something. Having bought what they needed, they sent it to the cashier. The seller punched their product and said the amount. They paid.

Seller: Thank you! I'm looking forward to the semi-finals!

At that moment, Anna accidentally noticed Nishikage.