Volume 1 Chapter 12

~Before Nosaka met Anna~

Midouin called Nosaka back to his office. And now everyone was there.

Midouin: Well, I've finished my investigation. Miss May, there is surveillance footage, as well as witnesses who prove that you acted without my knowledge, locked Nosaka in a secret room for a whole day. We also found and caught Takemi, according to him, you persuaded him to contradict the system《Aresa》, so that you have a reason to punish Nosaka.

The woman was in shock.

*Yuma's thoughts: So he was caught after all, and I told him to hide better.*

Miss May: Sir, it's not true, I've been slandered!
Midouin: Even if that guy's words are lies, but that doesn't change the fact that you were acting behind my back. I was also able to find out that Nosaka actually received a message that he would destroy the enemy team at any cost and it was sent only to him on the bracelet. Who do you think sent this message?

He demanded three of them.

Arashi: And who is it, sir?

He asked uncertainly.

Midouin: It was Miss May. What do you have to say in your defense?
Miss May: It wasn't me! I swear! I didn't send any message! Please believe me!
Midouin: Alas, but all the evidence points to you. Miss May, you are fired from this day on, please leave my office.

The woman fell to her knees and began to beg him.

Miss May: Please don't do this! I was really framed! It's all his doing!

She pointed her finger at Nosaka. The guy was mentally grinning to himself, he looked at the woman. Miss May looked at him and saw the mockery in his eyes.

*Yuma's thoughts: But I warned you that you would regret it. Now get what you deserve, bitch.*

Midouin: You'll see her.

He said coldly. The men grabbed the woman by the arms and began to lead her away from the office. Miss May continued to shout something, but no one was listening to her anymore.

Midouin: As for you, Coach Arashi... You will remain in your position as a coach, but because you made such a mistake, now you will just be an observer. You will not be allowed to give orders to the team.
Arashi: Yes, sir! Thanks for being pardoned!

He bowed to him.

Midouin: Nosaka...

The guy looked into his eyes.

Midouin: Since everything has been decided, I've called off my men to keep an eye on you, but I'm the one who's going to keep an eye on you anyway.

*Yuma's thoughts: Does that mean he's going to let up on me?... If so, it will be very good.*

Nosaka bowed to him.

Yuma: Roger that, sir!
Midouin: That's it, you can go.

Coach Arashi and Nosaka obeyed him and began to leave. As soon as the guy was about to leave the office, he was stopped.

Midouin: Nosaka, wait.

Nosaka turned to him. Only the two of them remained in the office.

Yuma: Is there anything else, sir?
Midouin: Nosaka, you're probably wondering why I pay so much attention to you?
Yuma: I think it's because you don't trust me. And in that match, I couldn't meet your expectations, so I also set you up and《Ares》... I'm really sorry, so I apologize to you, sir.