62🔸Between will and wants

Song- Bojhe na shey bojhena

Draupadi

Panchal had not changed, not at all. The moment I stepped in here it provided me the same amount of warmth, love and affection as it did when I lived here. The commoners had almost chased our chariots, while the young women and girls looked at me in awe, they gave my husband most of their attention, almost as if this would be the last time they would ever see him.

My family members were more shocked than I had imagined and I couldn't imagine I was actually trying to avoid visiting here. I really had no idea how the core of me was missing them, not until I saw them before me, until they had wrapped my whole being up in their ardour affection.

As much as I wanted to demand an answer for their decision of not attending the Durga Puja the need of a hot bath after such tiring journey stopped me, on top of everything, Satya wouldn't leave my side so I didn't want to stress her so here I was taking the much needed herbal bath.

Releasing a soft breath I leaned against the edge of the pool and closed my eyes as the maids massaged my shoulder and feet.

More than anything I couldn't seem to get rid of the thought that I was to stay in the same room with Arjun, my husband, something I couldn't avert even if I wanted to and it made my stomach flip and my heart race faster than Vayu and it was infuriating because I was a married woman, mother of four kids, how could a man made me feel like a teenage in love.

"Is—" I hesitated "Is Prince Arjun there in my room?"

"Yes, I believe"

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to tame my feral heart before managing to mumble "Oh Alright"

"Look at you blushing like a new bride" Sharmishtha pinched my cheek softly making the other women giggle before adding "I mean we understand he returned after twelve long years and the things between you two are still quite—"

"Stop it" I placed my palm on her mouth before she could complete as I practically felt my cheeks burning. I could not bear such teasings when in fact the 'things' she was referring to between Arjun and me were almost non existent.

"Sharmishtha, don't bother our Princess" Dhenuka, one of the older maids scolded softly and the little smirk on her lips was telling me she was about to come up with something worse and she did "She, anyways, will be bothered by her husband throughout the ni—"

"I am done" I almost shouted while they  broke into laughter as I stood up and got off of the pool with their help. These women were insane and they were driving me insane.