Chapter 8

Kalib

Something is wrong, it's not right!

Why do I feel like Kyle likes Lily? for the first time in my life I fell for someone and Kyle wants to take that away from me?

What is it that he doesn't have? Name? Fame? Family? Riches?

These thoughts are probing me again, the sense of jealousy, the sense of inferiorness. I don't want to but in some corner of my heart I harbor ill feelings towards my own best friend.

I don't want to but I just can't help but hate Kyle.

I don't want to but these feelings just keep growing bit by every bit every time something happens.

What does he not have? He has everything. He has everything I have always longed for and wanted later in life and want now too.

Now too...it's wrong why do I feel like Kyle likes Lily?

What is it that he doesn't have? Name? Fame? Family? Riches? He always gets everything. He was born in a conglomerate family. He's a 3rd generation chaebol and what he did? He gave up the position for some lousy 'I want to help people job'.

I have always wanted to start a business but I had no money! Hell, I didn't even had living parents or even a sibling while growing up I was adopted and had to ran away from my abusive parents and fend for myself.

What I have are marks of abuse a burn here a tut there. My whole body is a plethora of bruises and what does he have?
A busy father but a father none the less even if he's busy at work most of the time a mother who cooks delicious homemade food I long for every day, a doting lovely brother and a childhood full of 'I wish I could go back to that time. ' memories.

If he loves Lily, I'm not letting him have her. Lily will be mine and mine only. I gave away my first love to him because he was my best friend.

In our sophomore year we both fell in love with the same girl I never told him because he told me first. So, I just gave up on her so my best friend can get to be with his love only to see them break up in just a week.

And now that I fell for someone again Kyle wants to take that away from me again? No, I won't give up again. No matter what I have to do Lily will be mine.

Even if I'll have to kill or be killed for her... this time I'm getting the girl.

The girl I love.

Anyone may think that my jealousy towards my own best friend is just childish because being born in a rich or poor family can't be controlled and I was the one who gave up on my love for him so he's not to blame but it doesn't end here.

We were both best players of our football team but he became the captain. Why? Because who doesn't want to be in the good books of Kyle Caine.Yes, it was decided through voting.

He was popular among girls among boys among teachers too.

He was a straight A student and I were too but guess who always got praised? Kyle Caine.
Who was appointed as group leader in almost all projects? Kyle Caine.
Who became the President in university? Kyle Caine.
Who remained the class representative for the whole time? Kyle Caine.

It was always him even during job he got the better position even when we applied in the same field, he has everything I won't let him have Lily too I have already sacrificed my love once I won't twice, I would not let Kyle Caine have...

My phone started to ring interrupting my train of thoughts

Unknown?

I picked up the call

"Hello, Kalib Rich speaking."

"I know who you are and I know what you want and I'll help you get that."

Someone spoke in a distorted and mechanical voice

"Who is this and what are you taking about?"

"I sent you a short clip after watching it you'll want to meet me."

"Who are-"

"Meet me at the Starbucks in lane 9 in 30 mins. I won't wait longer than that."

"Who..." Whoever was on the other line cut the call.

I was about to put the phone back in my pocket but it beeped 'new message from unknown'

I opened the chat there was a 2 min video and a text "You'll regret not watching this."

I was about to ignore it and put the phone back in my pocket when my vision narrowed on the familiar figure in the video.

Is that Kyle?

I was skeptical if it was some new feud mechanism but when I saw Kyle, I played it.

It was a video of Kyle forcing himself up on Lily, I only watched it for 30 sec and threw away my phone and punched the pole on my right with all my might almost breaking my fingers but all I felt was boiling rage and fit of jealousy.

I heard my phone ringing again I picked up the phone from the ground unknown again

"Who the fuck are you and where did you get this video from?"

"I know you want her, meet me and I'll help you get her."

"Answer my damn question motherfucker"

"I can help you get her."

"Cut the crap and keep your bullshit with yourself." I cut the call

I went to the bakery and the restaurant got food for lily and went back to hospital

I went to Lily's room and she was sleeping.

Kyle wasn't there, not wanting to disturb her I placed the food there and went to get my hand treated.

I need to talk to Kyle

I called him but no answer

"Heh!" What was I even expecting for him? The traitor isn't even picking up my phone now

I still had 10 mins.

I got my hand band aided and went to the Starbucks in lane 9.

As soon as I entered someone wearing a mask and a hoodie greeted me "I knew you'll come"

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"I'll help you remove Kyle Caine from the picture."

"Stop sprouting nonsense and-"

"You can think of me as a friend."

"Friend my-"

"We have a common enemy that is Kyle Caine, just ask him to meet you here." he gave me a slip of paper

"I'll do the rest"

"Tell me why you're doing it or I'm out because if you're planning to kill him or something then I'm not helping you." Jealous or not I don't want any harm upon Kyle because I love him, he was there for me when no one was. I love and care for him in my own way.

"He has some case files on me which could destroy me in seconds. I just want to threaten him to destroy them." I nodded

I narrowed my eyes "And how does that helps me?."

"I'll keep him captured with me which will give you time to win over your lover you can also play the hero by rescuing Kyle and proving your worth." the person said monotonically

I pondered over it for a minute and finally agreed.

"I'll do it."

He didn't say anything and just left the place.

I just hope it all works out for the best.

I took out my phone and messaged Kyle to meet me at the place and time given in the paper in the evening and went back to my job.