Hypocrite

"Looking good." Bruce smiled, checking the leg, the swelling had died down. He looked back at the X-ray.
"The bones are still sensitive, sore. I suggest you use your crutch for some time to leave your leg time to adjust without a cast." Bruce explained. Sienna nodded, grabbing her crutch and standing up, a small groan leaving her, the pressure standing on her leg making her wince.
"When will i be able to start training again? I'm tierd of slouching." She asked, desperate to pick up a dumbell again.
"Even after you'll be able to walk, you still have to put off all kind of excercise for multiple days." He concluded, making Sienna groan loudly.
"If i had been more careful, more percise..." She grumbled, crutching next to him, watching him work the screens.

"It's fascinating how you can sit in front of thise screens the whole time." She commented, making Bruce chuckle.
"Oh, i don't usually sit here all day, i have other stuff to do." He smiled.
"I help out other agents with injuries, bone fractures. And when i'm not here, i work as a doctor." He added. Sienna's brows shot up. "You work as a doctor? Why haven't you told me this?" She asked, almost shocked.
"You never ask, sleepy." He nudged her.
"I've been told you read people like an open book, why am i diffrent?" He asked, looking her way, a puzzled look on his face.

She gripped the crutch handle a little tighter, and said with a sad smile. "Unfortunately i have vivid memories of that skill."
Bruce scrunched his face, saddened.
"With or without skills, you're a great agent and would make a great avenger." He smiled. "Our team would need someone as gifted as you, someone who listens." He remarked softly, putting Sienna to thought a moment, before she briefly nodded.
"I'll keep that in mind." She smiled, then headed towards the elevator.
"Where to?" He asked.
"Marcus." She smiled, hiding it.

•••

"How's the leg?" Marcus asked sweetly, pecking her cheek softly.
"It's good, in a week or so i'll be able to walk normally again." She sighed, then felt Marcus cup her face.
"You know i love you, right? You're gonna get through this, like always." He encouraged, then she nodded.
"Yes, i know." She smiled, letting him plant a kiss onto her lips, setting on a fire inside her. She tilted her head, then let go. "I know." She repeated below a whisper before pecking him again and running off. "I'll catch you later, i have plans with Romanoff." She smiled, he just waved before the elevator doors closed again, cutting sight of him.

Marcus' smile faded, then he furrowed his brows irritated, wiping his lips with his sleeve before he scoffed angrily, then got back to work.

••

Sienna crutched on the street. She had changed before going out to see Natasha again, after the incident a couple days ago. The two didn't speak since, even though Steve had forgiven Sienna already, both her and Nat. What bothered her was that Nat put the blame on Sienna, as if it was her fault Natasha was dangerous, as if she fired that gun herself, without being told to.

The thoughts clogged her thoughts, she had to keep an open mind, Natasha didn't know any better and Sienna knew she only wanted the best for her.

She wore a V-neck shirt, the navy blue clinging to her like paint to a canvas. She wore black pants with the shirt, and a bag over her shoulders for belongings such as perfume, touch-up makeup, wipes...

It was spring, but for a sunny day, it was breezy and cold, so most on the streets were freezing, having no idea spring would be so cold. Even in a bikini, Sienna doubted she'd freeze, she was frozen so many times in that capsule then she could count. What was a little breeze gonna do to her?

She sat down at the table, pulling out her cellphone as she checked for any text from Natasha. None. Now came the waiting game, she leaned back in her chair, waiting for Nat to show up. Then someone placed a cup of coffee in front of her, a beautiful drawn design in the latte, it was a flower of some sort, maybe a bundle of leaves. Natasha sat down on the opposite chair, her own coffee in hand as she set it down, then quietly sighed.

They sat in silence for a minute or two, before Natasha finally spoke up.
"I've been thinking about what to say.." She admitted, chuckling.
"But now i know i was doing it to try to put the blame off me." She gave a sad smile.
"You we're reckless.." Sienna frowned. "..But all for the right cause." Natasha added quickly. "It wasn't your fault you did something i told you to do." She spoke softly.
"It was my fault for listening." Sienna blamed, making Natasha sigh.
"That's not...Listen to me." Natasha insisted.
"I work openly, i've never trusted anyone, and i've been selfish to think everyone is like me," She said.

"It's hard to break old habits, it's hard to fall asleep without cuffs on every night." Nat confessed, gripping the arm rest ever so slightly. "But, for your sake, and mine, i can only try my hardest to be the friend you need."

Sienna stayed silent, then sipped her coffee. "I don't need you as a friend." She stated, almost indifferent. "I need you as a co-worker, as an agent, as someone who does their job." She added, putting the cup down.
"So, until you work on yourself, and your goals, we can't be more then work partners." Sienna stood up, grabbing her crutch before walking away, leaving Natasha alone, a hurt look on her face.

Sienna knew she was pushing away probably the only person who understood her, but Natasha needs therapy, not friends.

"So do you." Maria furrowed her brows, frowning.
"I don't." Sienna grumbled.
"Hypocrite."
"Give me a break! I want to be Natasha's friend, i really do.." She paused.
"But i can't if i know she'll trade me for a case of pistols." She continued, Maria sighed. "You've known her for barely a week, i didn't trust you either the first time i met you, but i gave it time and now it's like i'm watching history repeat itself." Maria shook her head, disappointed, then Sienna looked down, a little convinced.
"I'll try." Sienna stated softly, making Maria smile slightly. "Great."