Attack, Soldier

Ghost ran after the target, panting through her mask as she pushed past people. She hit the brakes, watching as the victim got away, her eyes red with venom as people scattered away from her. Ghost turned around to watch how everyone screamed 'shooter' and scurried away. In a flash, she made herself invisible, disappearing into an alley as quickly as possible.

She took a moment to think of her next move, then shook her head.
"Complete your mission." She repeated, her voice strained as she made way back to the base, defeated.

She already anticipated her punishment, she wasn't fast enough, strong enough. She had put her life over her mission, and jeopardized it when she didn't just take the shot. Why didn't she take the risk and jump off of that building? Why did she take the damn stairs when she could've easily caught the target by now?

She stepped into the machinery room, watching the new soldiers being broken, like she had been. Vasily decided that expanding Hydra would mean to stretch out it's weapon collection.

Weapon. Ghost clenched her jaw as she stepped through, ashamed, making way as two medics rushed her into a chair, checking on her arm, it had been broken. Quickly, with their advanced technology, they scanned the arm, seeing fractures in it.

She felt it, the anger, how could she had been so incompetent? Maybe Vasily would let her go, if he saw a shift in her behaviour. Maybe she didn't need to fight anymore, maybe she would be free, right?

She whimpered, Vasily's harsh slap knocking her to the floor, hurting her arm more as she stabled herself.
"The fall would've damaged my legs, sir." Ghost explained, holding onto her cheek, her broken arm shaken.
"I do not care, widow." He reminded her, crouching down to her level, his tone calm, surfacing anger at the very top. "If you can't take risks to complete your missions, then you're not fit for them." He stated, kneeling down beside her, her face pointing to the ground as she struggled putting thoughts together. "I'm afraid i have given you too much freedom, Winter would've only wished for his mind to be spared after every mission. But no, you had to ruin it all." He scolded, grabbing her by the back of the suit, yanking her back up, making her wince.

"You are going to be wiped, everything you've found out until now will be erased forever, until you get your head in the game." He decided, his anger taming once he sighed. He cupped Ghost's cheek, pulling her close, her eyes teary and afraid. "Hydra needs you, dear, and i need you. Do you think you can try harder next time?" He asked gently, trying to toy with her mind. Once she stayed silent, he added. "If you can't complete your mission. Hydra won't be able to free the world." He said, his siberian accent cracking through.

He slid a hand to her waist, pulling her closer before sliding it down to her ass, gripping it as he smirked, a disgusting expression. "Besides...Don't you want to stay my favourite soldier, Ghost?" He asked dangerously, while Ghost kept looking at him, afraid. "That's it, dear. Be afraid of what's to come." He smirked, then let her go, handing her to the lab coats. She shouted, trying to fight against them before she was thrown into that chair and erased, her yells of pain and agony filling the room, echoing through the entire base.

She panted, getting a glimpse of Vasily as he closed the book back up, then smiled sinisterly, taking her chin between his fingers, tugging her closer. "How pretty you are, dorogoy." He smirked in a twisted way, then let her go.

She was thrown back into the cell, and she quickly scurried away off to the corner of it, holding onto her head, sniffling to herself as she rocked herself back and forth. She only looked up when a man entered, he had a metal arm and looked roughened up, like he had just been put through shock therapy aswell. His face twisted as he saw her, but he kneeled next to her. "Who are you?" He asked, trying to calm her down. Ghost sniffled, looking at the man. "They call me Ghost Widow." She stated. "They named me Winter Soldier, it's nice to meet you, Ghost." He said gently, putting his flesh out, letting Ghost shake it.

"It's good meeting you too, Winter.." She mumbled, then let her head fall back against the cold brick wall. "I want to go home, but i don't even know where my home is." She sniffled, and felt a gentle hand resting on her shoulder, trying to soothe her somehow. "Maybe if we stick together, we can escape someday." He implied softly, but held no hope behind his steel blue eyes. Ghost's own green eyes narrowed in despair, shutting them close as she tried recalling any memory, anything she could remember.

• • •

Ghost's lifeless stare bored into the dirty mirror, watching locks of her black hair collapsing to the floor. They had cut her hair short, almost a boy-ish hairstyle. She stared into the mirror, her chapped leather suit covering her body as she looked at her hair, but stayed silent. She was left alone in the bathroom, the door shutting softly behind the person who had chopped her hair.

She looked to the floor, her hair all over the old beige marble floor. She stepped off of her stool, ruffling her hair before she gathered up the significantly bigger chunks of hair, pushing them off to the small bin of trash next to the rusty shower. After cleaning up, she left the bathroom, then returned to her cell.

They decided that too many people had witnessed her chase after the man, which could potentially mean the start of the end of Hydra. So, to ensure nobody would recognize her, they cut her hair, and changed the design of her suit, making it similar to the one Winter wore, almost identical. Ghost stumbled into the cell, being met with Winter, who was sat down, leaning against the wall on the thin mattress in the corner of the cell. He looked up, his face surprised at Ghost's new appearance. "Ghost?" He called out, she nodded, sitting next to him. For once, a small smile formed onto his face as he gently ruffled her hair. "You look diffrent."
"I look hideous." She corrected, making him shake his head. "Beautiful, that's what you look." He said softly, then leaned back against the wall.

"Do you think we've known eachother before?" Ghost asked, her tone quiet as she cowered against the wall. Winter set an assuring hand onto her thigh, giving it a squeeze. "I'm sure we did, we just..don't remember." He sighed, his own hand trembling with fear and pain.

How much more would they endure?