CH 57: Goodbye, My Darling

**TRIGGER: VIOLENCE**

His pounds on the door continued as Esme cried, desperately trying to keep it closed. Suddenly, he stops. Esme catches her breath, looking underneath the door to see that his shoes are still outside. She stands back up, shaking, "P-Please Al-Alastor.....please calm down...." She begs.

"Esme, I'm going to count to three. You better open this door, or else I will do it for you."

No.

"One."

No, please.

"Two."

No, no, please, I promise I'll be good - I don't want to die!

"Three." At first, nothing happens, a beat passes, until a snap is heard, and a black smoke enters the bathroom from underneath the door, forming his shadow towering over Esme.

"Fuck!" She screams, stumbling back. The thing smiles at her a wicked smile before unlocking the door and opening it for Alastor.

"May I speak now?" He asks, staring her down challengingly.

Esme's breath shakes and her eyes quiver as she pushes past him and runs down the hall. Her legs are quickly grabbed, causing her to fall. She grunts on the ground and feels herself being dragged back. She turns to see his shadow dragging her back to him.

"I don't want to hurt you, my dear." Alastor smiles, "All you have to do is listen to me." He's gone at this point, the madness taking over, and his primal rage consuming him.

The shadow drags Esme back to him, Alastor takes a fistful of her hair and pulls her up to his face. "P-Please..." She cries softly, "T-Think of Genny, s-she wouldn't want you t-to do this..." His eyes go wide, and he drops her hair, stepping back softly, and grabbing his head.

Ahhhhhhh, so that's the weak spot. Alright, point noted.

Esme falls to the ground, but quickly gets back on her feet and flies down the stairs to the living room. She sees the phone on the wall and rushes to call for help.

My mother...mother please! My mother can't lose another daughter!

She takes the phone in her hand, but it is quickly snatched away from her, "What do you think you're doing?" Alastor questions, stepping backward and pulling the phone further from her.

"I - I need to speak to my mom..." Esme whimpers.

"Absolutely not, you're staying here with me."

"Alastor, please! Please, I promise I'll be good, just please let me call my mom." Esme reaches for the phone, but he pulls it back, causing her to stumble forward.

"No! You're going to sit down and everything is going to be fine because you are meant to be MINE, and you will listen to me.."

Esme's temper gets the best of her, "I am not yours to command! Give me that damn phone!" She grabs a hold of it and the two get into a tug of war over the receiver.

Finally, in a moment that should have never happened, a memory that would haunt him forever, Alastor pulls the phone back with so much force that it hits the side of Esme's head. She yelps, stumping back, tripping on his work bag on the floor, and slams the back of her head into the metal dock of the landline phone on the wall.

Which, back then, was really...really hard.

She winces, and her body flops down onto the floor.