i

。𖦹°

Lana staggered down the deserted streets of New York City, the early morning light casting a pale glow over the empty sidewalks. It was 5 a.m., and the city was caught in that rare moment of stillness between night and day. Her black silk dress clung to her, a remnant of the night's revelry, and her head swam with the effects of too many drinks. She just wanted to get home, to sink into her bed and escape the chaos of her mind.

As she turned a corner, she found herself in front of a towering office building, its glass facade gleaming in the early light. Distracted by her own thoughts, Lana didn't notice the man stepping out of the building until it was too late. She collided with him, nearly losing her balance.

"Watch where you're going!" he snapped, his voice sharp with irritation.

"I'm so sorry," Lana mumbled, trying to steady herself. She looked up and met his gaze.

The man was tall and impeccably dressed in a tailored suit, his sharp features and piercing eyes giving him an air of authority. His irritation softened slightly as he took in her disheveled appearance, and his eyes narrowed in curiosity.

"Are you drunk?" he asked, his tone a mix of annoyance and bemusement.

"Maybe a little," Lana admitted, feeling her cheeks flush. "I just... I just graduated. It was a long night."

The man's irritation seemed to melt away, replaced by a faint smirk. "Graduation, huh? From where?"

"NYU," Lana replied, trying to stand a bit straighter. "I studied psychology."

"Psychology," he repeated, a hint of amusement in his voice. "And what do you plan to do with that degree?"

"I'm still figuring that out," Lana said, feeling defensive under his scrutinizing gaze.

"Of course you are," he said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. "So many graduates, so little direction. It's a common story."

Lana felt a surge of irritation. "Not everyone has it all figured out from the start."

"True," he conceded, though his tone remained smug. "But some of us don't have the luxury of time to 'figure it out.'"

"Well, good for you," Lana shot back, her patience wearing thin. "What do you do that's so important?"

The man raised an eyebrow, clearly amused by her defiance. "I run several businesses. I'm Anakin, by the way."

"Lana," she replied, her voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions inside her. "And what makes you think you can judge me?"

Anakin chuckled, a low, condescending sound. "Because I see people like you all the time. Fresh out of college, no real plans, drifting through life. It's predictable."

Lana bristled at his words. "You don't know anything about me."

"I know enough," Anakin said, his gaze unwavering. "You're not that hard to figure out."

"Maybe I'm not," Lana admitted, her voice softening. "But that doesn't mean you get to judge me."

"Fair enough," Anakin said, his tone losing some of its edge. "But you should be more careful. This city isn't always kind to those who wander alone."

"I know," Lana sighed, feeling a strange mix of annoyance and gratitude. "But sometimes it's hard to care."

"Well, maybe you should start," he said, his voice firm. "Life doesn't wait for you to figure it out."

Lana nodded, feeling a strange mix of embarrassment and intrigue. "I should probably get going."

"Take care, Lana," Anakin said, his tone surprisingly gentle.