xxi

。𖦹°

...

Memories of his time with Lana flickered in his mind—her laughter, the way she looked at him, the softness of her touch. He shook his head, trying to banish these thoughts. She betrayed him. He had to forget her.

His phone buzzed again, and he glanced at it. Twenty-eight missed calls from Lana, nineteen unread text messages. Each notification felt like a taunt, reminding him of what he had lost. Among the missed calls and texts, there was one new message from an unknown number. Curiosity piqued, he opened it.

。𖦹°

Hi Anakin, this is Tiara, Lana's friend. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Lana sent those pictures to Insider New York. I'm really sorry—I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen. I know you liked her. 
- Tiara.

。𖦹°

Anakin stared at the message, feeling a cold fury wash over him. Tiara's message was the final confirmation. Lana had betrayed him. The woman he thought was different, who he had started to trust and care for, had sold him out for a bit of publicity.

He snapped. With a few swift motions, he deleted Lana's number from his phone, not once looking at the messages she had sent. His heart ached, a deep sense of betrayal settling in. He felt foolish for letting his guard down, for thinking that she could be different from all the others.

As he sat there, alone in his office he felt an overwhelming sadness. He had genuinely thought there was something special between them. Now, that seemed like nothing more than a cruel joke. He closed his eyes, trying to push away the hurt and focus on his work, but it was no use. The pain was too fresh, too raw.

Anakin knew he had to move on, but at that moment, it felt like an impossible task. The woman who had brought a spark into his life had also brought darkness and betrayal. He vowed to himself that he would never make the same mistake again. No more letting people in, no more trusting too easily. He had learned his lesson the hard way.

。𖦹°

Lana sat in the crowded subway, her phone clutched tightly in her hands. She had been trying to call Anakin for the past hour, her fingers trembling with anxiety as she dialed his number again and again. Her texts were growing increasingly frantic, each message more desperate than the last. But there was no response, only the empty silence of rejection.

The subway car rattled around her, filled with the sounds of commuters chatting and the hum of the city. But Lana felt utterly alone. Her eyes scanned the messages she had sent, pleading for an explanation, begging him to pick up the phone. Why wasn't he answering?

As she scrolled through her contacts to try calling him one more time, her heart sank. The option to call was grayed out. Confused, she went to her messages and tried to send another text. A notification popped up: You have been blocked.

A tear slipped down her cheek, followed by another. She stared at her phone, unable to comprehend what had just happened. Anakin had blocked her. Her mind raced, trying to piece together the events of the last two hours. It all felt like a blur.

Why wouldn't he hear her out? Why wouldn't he give her a chance to explain? Her thoughts spun in circles, each one more painful than the last. She remembered the way he had looked at her, the tender moments they had shared. How could it all end so abruptly?

Lana wiped her tears, trying to pull herself together. The subway car jolted to a stop, and more people crowded in. She felt the walls closing in on her, the weight of her sorrow pressing down heavily.

She leaned back against the seat, closing her eyes, letting the rhythmic clatter of the subway soothe her, if only for a moment. As the train carried her through the city, she resolved to find a way to make things right, to somehow reach Anakin and explain. But for now, all she could do was endure the heartache and hope that time would offer a solution.

。𖦹°

。𖦹°‧

。𖦹°