8.

The group of friends sat together in the cafeteria talking it up and making jokes amidst the noise of other students talking with their own friend groups.

"Why you keep looking over there?" Robyn asks with a raised brow looking over at where Beyoncé kept glancing at every few seconds which prompts the whole table to look over too.

There Onika sat with her head trained in a thick cover book, Lemony Snicket : A series of unfortunate events. Her glasses made her look extremely cute especially in her oversized hoodie.

"Oh how the tables have turned." Aubrey snickers teasing the blonde which causes her to throw a fry his way.

"Bitch hush I wasn't even staring." Beyoncé rolls her eyes trying her best not to glance back over.

"You were." Michelle teases.

"Shut the hell up." Beyoncé straight faces her trying her best to focus her attention on her food and not her annoying ass friends.

"She cute tho." Robyn smiles eyeing the raven haired, causing the blonde to side eye her. "You don't mind sharing?"

"Bitch don't get slapped." Beyoncé frowns, Robyn was about to piss her off.

"I thought you didn't even like her for real?"

That question made all heads look to her with questioning faces, she said she didn't like her so there was no need for all the possessiveness.

"Just— leave her alone." The blonde frowns looking towards the innocent looking girl for a second who noticed her and smiled a dimpled smile sending a small wave over.

Why she gotta be so cute? The hell??

Beyoncé just smiles small sending one back.

"Don't be a prick, go invite her over. You see she's sitting over there by herself." Kelly says looking at her best friend like she was slow. Beyoncé really did act like it sometimes.

"No y'all gon' say something." Beyoncé says shaking her head at the suggestion. Her friends had no filter and she really didn't want any drama right now.

"Oh, the guilt is speaking?" Michelle questions with a raised brow a small teasing smile on her face which causes Beyoncé to side eye her.

"Bey just go invite her over, promise we're gonna be on our best behaviours." Aubrey says holding out his pinky which the blonde just slaps away. She only did that shit with Onika and even doing that made her feel childish as fuck.

Beyoncé looks around at the table and everyone just nods with suspicious smiles on their faces.

"Fuck it." She says getting up. She knew her friends wouldn't say anything anyways.

"Hey." The blonde smiles taking a seat opposite the younger girl who puts her book down with a little smile wondering why Beyoncé was talking to her in such a crowded place like this.

The blonde never did that.

"You wanna come join I and my friends for lunch?"

Onika glances over to Beyoncé's friend group who tried to appear busy although it was quite obvious they were trying to peep what they were both saying.

"Umm.. yeah." She smiles although her nerves were beginning to act up. See, Beyoncé's friend group were the stereotypical rich and popular kids. She was the stereotypical nerd so yeah getting invited to sit with them at lunch was kind of a big deal.

"H-hi." Onika smiles shyly standing extremely close to Beyoncé as they reach their table.

She wanted to kick her own ass for stuttering on such a short word but you really couldn't blame her, quite a few other people in the cafeteria were trying to peep their interaction and it was making her extremely nervous.