Heavenly Gambler (1)

Jin's eyes widened in shock.

"What?! No?"

Babo's gaze hardened and his expression darkened. "Being stubborn, eh? Maybe I need to beat some sense into you."

Jin flinched with a frightened look on his face. "Okay, okay! I'll take the rings!"

He reluctantly walked over to Babo and extended his arm towards Babo.

Babo smirked and grabbed a hold of one of Jin's arms. He slowly slid a ring into Jin's wrist.

Jin gulped, and winced, preparing for the worst. 'This is too much for me! My wrist, no, my body will give out if this continues!'

Babo released Jin's arm. The arm dropped instantly, and Jin's posture leaned to the arm where the ring had been slid into.

Jin clenched his teeth, and he slowly extended his other arm to Babo. 'I've lived with this old man for almost 2 months and he always pushes me to my limits.'

'Isn't it too much for a kid like me? But I owe him for keeping me...'

After a while, Babo finished adding the rings to each of Jin's limbs. He smirked and crossed his arms.

"You'll stay with me for weeks until you've got the hang of the weights."

Jin glared up at Babo halfheartedly. The weight of the rings made it hard for him to speak. "What about my work with Jang-gan?" he asked.

Babo waves his hand dismissively. "Don't worry. We'll have our talk about it."

Jin stared at Babo with a worried expression about Jang-gan. He reminisced about when Babo yelled at Jang-gan 2 weeks ago.

He frowned.

'Babo will probably, no, definitely yell at Jang-gan if he tries to argue back.'

He closed his eyes and clasped his hands together.

'Oh great, Jang-gan, I pray for you not to make a move that will anger this wild geezer in front of me.'

Babo glared at Jin with a sly smile.

He walked up to Jin and patted him. He pointed at their house.

"Why don't you start cooking our food instead of praying?"

Jin's hair straightened in shock. Babo's sudden shift in behavior sent chills down Jin's spine.

He kept a calm face, but internally, he was screaming in fear.

'Eeek! What's with his mood swings?! And that smile isn't helping at all! Creepy!'

He nodded and headed to the house. The weight of the rings made each step feel like a monumental effort.

'Jang-gan may be strict but he is kind-hearted.'

He glanced back at Babo.

'I don't know about him...'

A few weeks have passed since then. Every single night, whenever Jin's body felt soar, Babo would shove a pill into Jin's throat.

And every time he woke up, the pain in his body diminished.

Soon enough, Jin's body began to adjust to the weights. His body doesn't feel soar. Before, every time he tried to move a limb, his muscles and bones would be worked to their limits.

Jin woke up to a sound that can only be described as being ear-piercing.

"Jin! Wake up!"

Babo's shout reached Jin's room, startling Jin.