Cultists arrival (1)

Woon-gi chased the carriage deep into the woods. The rampaging horses pulled the carriage with no signs of stopping. The coachman tried his best to calm the horses and pulled the ropes as hard as he could but to no avail.

"Can't you fucking stop the carriage?!" Woon-gi shouted, panicked while steadily keeping up with the carriage's pace.

The coachman glanced sideways, his eyes widening as he saw Woon-gi keeping pace with the carriage.

He nodded frantically. "I can't stop the horses!"

Woon-gi scoffed, and he stopped in his tracks, implanting his feet firmly on the ground. "I'm pulling the carriage!"

He mustered his strength in his arms and reached for the side. "Hold onto somet-"

Shooooook!

Woon-gi sensed a projectile coming his way. He swayed to the side and dodged the attack. The projectile dissipated as it embedded itself into the ground. In the moment of distraction, he lost his grip, and the carriage sped away.

Woon-gi bit his lip. "Damn it," he muttered under his breath. He looked above in search of the source of the attack, seeing men in crimson dark robes he clenched his teeth. "What do y'all fucking want!?"

The men glanced at Woon-gi before exchanging looks with each other.

"What will we do with him?" one of the men asked.

Another pointed toward the carriage. "The subordinate of the shadow said that Sing Han's descendant is there."

They all nodded.

"We have no business with this man. Just in case, one of you shall distract him."

"Leave it to me," one of them replied, stepping forward.

The others nodded and began following the carriage.

Woon-gi squared his shoulders, ready for a fight. The man in crimson robes leaped down from the tree, landing gracefully in front of him.

The man sighed. "I advise you to not fight us."

Gripping his spear tightly he lunged in front of the man. "Like hell, I would!"

"You'll regret that later," the man said, slitting his wrist. Blood gushed from the wound, swirling and coalescing into hardened spikes. With a flick of his wrist, the spikes launched themselves at Woon-gi.

Woon-gi spun his spear, deflecting the blood spikes with precise movements. Each deflection sent sparks flying, the forest echoing with the clash. The robed man smirked, forming more spikes from his blood and launching them in rapid succession.

The man flicked his fingers, launching a series of projectiles at an explosive speed.

Woon-gi parried the man's projectiles, sending them off to the nearby trees, embedding themselves. He smirked. "Is that all you've g-"

With a swift motion, the man drew more blood from his wound, forming a massive blade that crackled with dark energy. He swung it down with all his might, aiming to cleave Woon-gi in two.

Swooooooosh!

Woon-gi braced himself, blocking the attack with his spear. "Kuak... What is this martial arts?"

The man launched Woon-gi across the forest, hitting a tree. The blade dissipated and healed his arm.

"Why fight? You're a mercenary, you have no attachments to who you are working for. Why risk your life for a few sums of coins?"