2•

The train ride to Tokyo, quiet, peaceful, just what you need to try and soothe your nerves before arriving

The train ride to Tokyo, quiet, peaceful, just what you need to try and soothe your nerves before arriving. The bullet train comes to a stop as people start to pour out of the doors. As you clutch your luggage, you make your way through the crowd of people, finding a nearby taxi. A man, who looks to be in his early twenties smiles at you as you sit your things down inside before sitting down yourself. "Where to, miss?" He asks as he keeps his eyes on the road, as he starts to drive. "Tokyo Jujutsu High School, please." You reply with a soft smile, darting your gaze to your window as you watch the all the buildings and people disappear from your view as he drives. Buildings come to a stop in your view as they are soon replaced with nothing but tall, lanky trees. You rest your chin on the palm of your hand as you close my eyes, hoping to be there soon, but as soon as you do, you feel the car slowing down. "We've arrived, miss." The man says as you raise up from your resting place. "Oh, great! Thank you so much! Here's what I owe you plus a tip." You say, handing him 200 yen. "Oh, you're too kind! I can't accept this!" He exclaims as you step out of the car, following by grabbing your belongings. "Please, I insist. Keep it." You say as I close the door, averting your eyes onto the entrance to the school.

You nervously exhale, as you start making your way to Yaga's office. Seeing the school grounds again are causing memories to flood back in. Walking in the school, the familiar scent creeping back into my your as you slowly make your way down the hall, seeing Yaga's office staring ahead. You approach the door, your heart racing, your hand moving to knock on the door. Knocking three times, you hear Yaga's voice almost instantly, instructing me to come in. You walk in, and there Yaga sat at his desk. And in the corner, there he stood. Satoru Gojo. No sunglasses like you remember. Instead, it was a black blindfold that pushed his hair up.  "(Y/N), good to see you again. Please sit." Yaga said in his usual serious voice, the same you remember, as you sit down, moving your belongings beside you. "(Y/N)! What are you-" Gojo starts off, but you throw your hand up, letting him know to stop talking. Gojo frowns, as he crosses his arms and leans back up against the wall, watching you intently. "(Y/N), I'm sorry for springing the job upon you out of nowhere, but we need more teachers. Satoru, although a good teacher, is a childish one and we need more serious teachers that want our students to learn. You were one of my good students back in the day when you were attending here. I won't ask why you left, but I'm glad you're here. Your apartment has already been taken care of. Our driver, Ijichi will take you." Yaga says as you nod your head, showing that you're listening. "It's nice to be back." You lie through your teeth as you stand up, straightening up your skirt as you grab your belongings once more.

"You start in the morning, (Y/N)." Yaga says as you nod, turning to walk out. You shut the door behind you as you start your way down that hall. As you walk, a door further behind you slams and rapid footsteps follow quickly. "(Y/N), you're the one that took the job opening?" You stop and turn to see Gojo again, his tall figure almost looming over you. "Yeah, I did. What's it to you?" You say slightly annoyed. Gojo pulls a fake frown on his face. "No need to be so rude, (Y/N)!" Gojo pouts, his bottom lip sticking out like a whining little kid. "God, you're still just as insufferable as before. Why are you talking to me, Gojo?" You say sternly, trying to make it clear that you didn't want to talk. "Can I not catch up with you? It's been almost three years after all and-" you hold up my hand to cut him off. "No. No, you don't get to say that. YOU were the one who ghosted ME. I was starting to like you back then, but it's almost like you wanted to set that date up to ghost me on purpose. Who the hell even does that?!" You scowl at him, as he looks down at the floor. Is he embarrassed? You gain your composure, trying to calm down. "That date was a mistake, the events leading up after the date was an even bigger one. We're colleagues now, nothing will stray past that." You say as you turn to continue walking towards the car waiting for you. "I don't think the after date events were a mistake, (Y/N), because you seemed to have enjoyed it. And I'm sorry for what I did back then." Gojo says, as you stop in front of the car. "Are you kidding? You wanna apologize now? You're about two years and eleven months too late. And don't bring anything about what happened that night back up ever again." You say as you throw your things in the backseat, plopping yourself in after, slamming the door shut as the car drives away.

You can feel the heat in your face from being angry. How could he just act so calm after everything he did? After about ten minutes in the car, you arrive at a decently nice apartment complex. You exit the car with your luggage as Ijichi gives you his number for work and the key to your apartment that Yaga told him to give to you when you got here. You thank him as he drives away, leaving you alone to start your new life back in Tokyo. You walk to your apartment number as you unlock the door, pushing it open with your shoulder as you step in. It's a lot bigger than your old one. Perfect. You kick your shoes off by the door as you sit your belongings down beside the couch. This place is already furnished, which is such a plus for you. As you lean back, you wind down for the night, feeling your muscles relax as you hear your phone ping. You grab it as you look to see who's messaged you this late.

~11:30 p.m.
*NEW MESSAGE*

Satoru Gojo•
Hey...

••A/N!! I'm sorry I'm starting this book off with a long chapter, I just love giving the Gojo girlies what they want lol. I hope yall liked this chapter! I'm hoping to update this book daily if I can help it. 🤍 Peace out! 🫶🏻