27.The Monster

TRIGGER WARNING : THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN BLOOD AND GORE

"Red eyes," Lucien repeats, unsure if the boy is remembering wrong due to his fear." Yes my lord. They are dark, almost black, but glow when she kills. And her hair...is the color of the blood she has spilled," the boy answers. Lucien simply stares. Blood red hair? Almost black eyes that glow red ? That didn't sound like Marcella. Perhaps the purple was so dark it looked black. And he remembered how her hair seemed red earlier ,covered in blood. Her black hair must be coated in the blood of the innocent lives she has taken. "Do not fear child. You are safe here," Lucien assures the boy.

"Lying to children isn't very nice," a smooth, feminine voice says. Lucien looked up ,and there she was, red hair the color of blood, almost black eyes, but he still recognized Marcella. She was covered in the blood of the guards from outside. Had she killed every single person? He did not doubt her skill, which was the reason he stationed the 10 least powerful people outside. Everyone else was inside, facing the girl who had destroyed their kingdom. They were ready to kill.

The young boy hid behind Lucien's throne, whimpering in fear. "It is not a lie. He is safe here," Lucien said, trying to read the mind of the girl before him. She always kept it tightly locked, but he had managed to get in before, so he was surprised when it didn't work. "That little trick won't work on me," her voice sounded of. It sounded like Dawn when she was ready to fight Marcella. Demented and overly confident. Lucien found himself puzzled. She seemed...different. It must be the power ,he told himself.

"No one is safe here," she says, her eyes turning red. Two people started gasping, chocking on nothing. Lucien stared at the girl. She hadn't even moved. What hell is going on? Was she this powerful the whole time? "No Lucien," she seemed to read his mind and answer his question. But that was impossible. No one could read his mind. The girl grinned a cruel grin. She snapped her fingers ,and 5 people exploded, blood and body parts splattering everywhere.

The people who had surrounded her backed away in fear. Lucien had no idea that the girl in front of him, was not in fact Marcella Blackburn. How could he have known that when Dawn tried a dangerous spell, Marcella grabbed the crown of power, altering the spell completely. As a result both of their souls were taken, and all that was left was a manifestation of the magic from the two girls as well as the crown of power, combined with Marcellas original plan.

Lucien had no idea it was not a mere mortal before him. He had no idea that Marcella had planned to eradicate all the evil in the lands, the plan so powerful it stayed behind as a motion to kill everyone in each Kingdom to ensure that no evil survived. He thought he was facing an angry girl, mourning her half sister. Not the worst part of both girls combined as the most powerful being to exist. He had no idea, but he was about to find out.

The girl laughs as each person falls to the ground. One person turns to ashes before his every eyes. The power was greater than anything he had ever seen. She barely moved or thought about it,and it all seemed to be a fun,sick, twisted game to her. Eventually, the Prince found himself the only person alive in the room. Even the boy did not survive her wrath. "You don't deserve the mercy I gave them,"she hisses. Lucien screams in pain as he feels his bone break. In an instant it is healed. Over and over again. She torments him.

He is burnt, frozen ,cut. He screams for mercy, and shouts in pain. "Marcella please," he begs. The girl stares at hi in the eye, a black blade with a silver handle in her hand. "Marcella is dead," she says, before stabbing him in the heart. She watches the light drain out of his eyes as he seeps to the ground.

Looking around, she grins to herself. "You can call my Xella ," she tells his body. "And I'm just getting started."