Chapter 6

Over the next two weeks, Steve and Isa spent as much time together as they could while she dealt with the shit storm that was handed to her. The two would often speak to Bucky as well as he recovered in Wakanda.

Steve had moved from the Avengers compound into Isa's home and together they were starting to add things to make it more a reflection of them and Bucky with the hope Bucky would join them once he was done in Wakanda.

Steve pulled up to the compound and then helped Isa off his bike. Clint and Nat stood outside, waiting for the two. Nat was hating the situation, but Clint had warned her to keep her mouth shut.

"Hey guys." Steve greeted the two as he grabbed a duffle bag and walked with Isa inside.

"Steve." Clint responded, handing him a coffee, then handing Isa hers. "You got a meeting with Fury in thirty."

Isa nodded in response. She turned, giving Steve a kiss, not noticing the stare from the blonde across the room. "Let Clint know when we are ready to leave."

Steve nodded. "Gonna meet up with Maria now to get everything set up."

Isa nodded, watching him walk away. She bit her lip and then did a small wolf whistle.

Steve turned and walked backward. "Were you staring at my ass?"

Isa smirked. "What can I say? Cap, it's a very nice ass."

Steve chuckled before heading to meet Maria.

Nat's nose scrunched at the flirting but didn't say anything as she followed Isa and Clint, who were talking about renovations going on in both their homes. She sighed bitterly. She didn't understand how Clint knew Isa so well.

Sharon Carter watched them all leave and pulled out her phone to make a quick call.

"She's actually dating Steve."

"Our people are ready to hunt down answers."

"I'll call when it's time to start." Sharon responded, hanging up as Phil walked up. "Coulson."

"Carter. You're going to meet with Fury and the new director. Follow me."

Sharon stood and followed him towards the conference room.

Isa looked over all the files, getting more and more pissed off. "Seriously, Nick. This is the bullshit my money went into?"

Fury sighed. He knew this was gonna bite him on the ass. Stark gave no fucks and just signed checks. Isa was not that way. I guess if I had enough money to run the world twice over I'd be vigilant too. "I wasn't in charge of financial decisions Isabelle."

"Then who the fuck was?"

Sharon walked in at that moment. "That would be me." She looked Isa up and down. "Agent Sharon Carter."

Isa looked at her recognizing the name instantly. She smiled politely extending a hand in the way she did in the 1860's. "Director Salvatore."

Sharon laughed softly ignoring the hand. "My aunt Peggy told me about you."

Isa's polite smile dropped picking up on the intentional snub. "All lies I assure you." Isa tilted her head. "Peggy got pissed I got the guys."

Fury's eye widened. This was gonna get bad.

Sharon laughed thinking the woman was an idiot.

Isa pointed to the files looking at Fury. "This will be fixed to my standards."

Clint came in leaning against the door. "Boss, the jet and Cap are waiting for you."

"Coming." Isa stated as she got up gathering the files. "Fury fix this mess or I will."

"Yes Director."

Isa started walking out the door. "Let's go Clint."

Clint followed after her with a small chuckle.

"My aunt was right about her." Sharon stated moving to leave. "She's full of herself."

Fury rolled an eye and started to leave. "Carter, fix your mess."

Once Fury was gone Sharon dialed a number. "Start the hunt." She then hung up and went to leave the room. Unknown to her someone heard everything and made contact with an old friend.

~ In Mystic Falls ~

Stefan read the text and sighed. He went to where Damon sat drinking staring at the portrait of Isabelle.

"Damon, friend of mine heard something."

Damon chuckled looking at the portrait. "You're finally admitting you're gay."

Stefan rolled his eyes then moved to look Damon in the eyes. "Isabelle is in trouble."

Damon sobered quickly hearing that and anger started flowing through him. Someone was going to dare hurt his twin.

~ In Wakanda ~

T'Challa looked over the message he received and spoke to one of the Dora Milaje. "Inform White Wolf he has visitors coming."

He smiled slightly, happy for the soldier as well as his old friend Isabelle.