Chapter 8

We all sat in our cars and just as I was about to close the door, a guy, older than me, held the door with his hand

 "Hello, beauty, are you up for a bet?" I didn't say anything but he continued talking

 ''If I win, you give me your car and one night with you'' ''and if you win, you get my car and something else you want'' he winked at me. 

I'm sick of people like this.

 The bet is that if he wins he gets what he said and if I win I get his car.

I said yes, why not

 He has a Pagani Huayra Roadster.

His car is not bad, but I have very little doubt that he knows how to control that beast

 I noticed that the others were looking at me and I turned my gaze towards Percy and the others and I saw them looking at the guy I was betting with, with angry eyes.

 If looks could kill, he would be dead already. 

I ignored it and looked back at the girl who was ready to wave the flag. 

There were 3 of us racing. My car, from this guy and another guy in a Porsche 911. 

Interesting. 

As soon as the flag waved, I stepped on the gas and left the others in the dust. 

The path went all the way to the main street where you start to come back at the roundabout and you have 4 sharp bends, after them 4 loop and then at the end a sharp turn to the right and a long straight to the finish line. 

Nothing difficult.

 The guys were behind me, Porsche almost overtook me but this car is a beast on wheels and I raced all the way to the roundabout and drifted all the way around it and headed towards the corners. In the first one, I entered again in a drift, while in the second one, I turned normally and continued forward at full speed. 

When I crossed the other two curves, I saw the guy I'm betting with approaching me. Just before the curve, I turned sharply to the right and cut his path, kicking up dust behind me. 

Now there was only the straight road in front of me and now everyone can see us again. 

Since I was a bit bored just to rush to the finish point, I turned the car 180 degrees at full speed and began to drive backwards at full speed. I waved to the guy whose name I didn't knew and went back to driving ahead just as I crossed the finish line. I got out of the car and a lot of people were cheering. 

My brother and the others were looking at me and I could tell that Percy was trying not to smile. 

When the other cars stopped, the guy in the Porsche high-fived me and continued on, while the other one took a quick step towards me.