Chapter One

"Fuck that! Let's do it right this time."

You were eyeing the elevator with amusement as two bigger students tried to maneuver a sofa into it, along with themselves, and the door kept trying to ding closed. You had to cover your mouth to stop yourself from laughing and then pointed towards the stairs to one of the movers who had a stack of your own boxes in their arms.

"Pivot! Pivot!"

"You're not fucking Ross Geller, idiot!" The other one yelled at him, and he scoffed.

"Nobody wants to be fucking Ross Geller." You smirked and the one yelling 'pivot' scowled over the armrest at you while the other snorted a laugh, nodding in agreement.

"Third floor?" One of the movers asked you, gesturing with the box labelled 'pillows' he was carrying.

"Lemme take that," You took the box and then nodded towards the two stuck on the elevator, "Could you help them get that up the stairs?"

"Sure." He smiled and the two boys seemed to be physically relieved.

"Thanks!" Pivot's friend called up as you led the way on the stairs, and you shot them smiles before stopping at the third floor when they had to go to the fourth.

You found your room, 308, and opened the door to see boxes, containers, and suitcases all stuffed onto your side. You noticed a few on your roommate's side, so you assumed they were here, probably just getting another round from their car or something, and you smiled as you started unpacking your bedding so you could make your bed.

Luckily, you both had windows and the place was pretty spacious, just lacking privacy. You were also hoping for an en suite bathroom, but there was only a shared co-ed one with shower and toilet stalls for each floor down the hall. It was certainly an adjustment from having your own massive bedroom with a master sized bathroom in the Village of Manhattan, but you wanted the experience and didn't want to be isolated in your own flat off campus.

This year was a fresh start for you with no overbearing expectations of grades – well, at least none you had to face your parents with head on after coming home from school since you were now states away, and especially not having to see your annoying older brother every single da-

"Hey, is it better to wax or shave pubes?"

You cringed in disgust before spinning around to face said brother who was leaning casually against your doorway with a razor in one hand and what looked to be a waxing kit in the other, giving them both glance overs.

"I'm your sister – that's," You shook your head and he waited patiently as you sighed, "What're you doing here, Tony?"

"Came to welcome you, obviously," He scoffed, pushing off the wall to walk in and you hugged him before he lifted his arms because not even your parents cared to help you out today, so you knew he was doing this out of guilt, but you didn't care, "See? You're happy to see me."

"Gross," You smirked, shoving him away a moment later, "And you're twenty – shouldn't you have figured out your little," You motioned with your hand towards him with a grimace, "Problem by now?"

"Let's be clear," He narrowed his eyes, pointing at you with the razor before gesturing to his crotch with both items, "There's nothing little about-"

"You're so nasty."

"Secondly, it's a special occasion."

"Ask your housemates or one of your friends," You started pushing him out the door and he made an offended noise, "Anyone but your sister because that's wrong on so many levels."