Chapter Thirty-Four

"So, why'd you choose 'cauliflower'?"

She was smiling curiously at you over the bubbles since you decided you weren't tired enough for sleep, even though it was three in the morning, and asked her to take a bath with you. You're not a bath person per se but add in a naked Natasha Romanoff and the fact that you've never been sorer, you were down to give it a go.

Plus, bubbles are amazing.

"Well," You spoke slowly as you thought up a lie, making a Santa beard out of bubbles that made her chuckle, laughing when you giggled, shaking the bubbles on your face before you continued, "I was doing a shop with Scott a couple of days ago for the house because he was feeling neglected of my attention – something about some lacrosse captain hogging me all the time, I don't know," You rushed out the last part teasingly and she chuckled softly, "And we were trying to buy vegetables – you know, to balance the trolley, knowing full well they'd rot in the fridge, but when I pointed to the cauliflower, he said he didn't like 'ghost broccoli', it made me laugh, so I figured it was a pretty safe, not sexy word."

You shrugged at the end, impressed with yourself, but then swallowed thickly when she narrowed her eyes on you with a knowing smirk.

"And that's the story you're sticking with?"

"Um...yes...?" You raised your eyebrows cautiously and she swiped her hand over the top of the bubbles in front of her so you could see her collarbones, letting yourself take a moment to admire the work you did with marking up your lady love.

"Because Scott stopped by the third year house last week," She was talking slowly and you bit your lip with lidded eyes when you noticed the massive bruise you left right above her left boob, "And he was raving about cauliflower pizza that Hope showed him how to make just days before that..."

"Huh," You nodded, hardly paying attention, and then she laughed when she noticed, pulling your attention to her smile, "Sorry, what?"

"You know what I think?" She mused and you smiled softly.

"I'd love to know." You told her truthfully, not knowing this would bite you in the ass because you missed half of what she had just said.

"I think, you went to do a shop with Scott a few days ago, that part I believe," She smiled, and you hummed, slowly catching up, "But I think you didn't know what cauliflower was and Scott had to tell you, so the new word was floating around in that beautifully interesting head of yours."

"I...love you?" You tried and she barked a laugh.

"Babe!"

"Oh, I'm sorry!" You shouted back and she was biting back a smile, "But growing up, food was put in front of me, and I don't ask the chefs questions – mainly because I never met them, so maybe I never heard of cauliflower, but I've eaten it before!"

"Excuse me, privileged little billionaire," She mocked teasingly, and you huffed, "Mommy and daddy didn't take the time to teach you how to cook?" She laughed loudly when she added, "Honestly, love, this is both hilarious and sad because people who can't cook for shit still know the names of common veggies!"

"Stop being mean to me or I'm just gonna fall deeper in love with you!"

She leaned forward with a laugh, and you didn't think twice because mirroring her, cupping her cheeks to kiss her.

"Babe, the bubbles," She scolded halfheartedly, feeling them go up her nose a bit and you laughed before rubbing your face on hers, making her groan a chuckle, "You're impossible."

"The water is getting cold," You whined against her lips as she held onto your arms, "Bed?"

"Lukewarm temp not good enough for the princess?" She teased and you scowled at her, kissing her harder to shut her up as she laughed.

"Get out," You waved her off, "Get out of my tub."

"Oh, babe," She cooed tauntingly, "Did I hurt your feelings?"

"I mean a little!" You huffed with a smile, trying not to, as she laughed, "Now, you don't get to see me naked for the rest of the night," You shrugged, pulling the bubbles towards your chest, "No nip slips for you either."

"Don't torture me," She groaned lowly, leaning forward again to kiss you with her hands on your thighs under the water, tugging your bottom lip between her teeth, but then she muttered, "Rich brat."

"Fuck off!" You snorted a laugh, backing away, and she chuckled, getting out before grabbing a towel off the rack, "Oof, is that mine?"

"Sure is," She smirked, and you wiggled your eyebrows with a shit eating grin, shimmying your shoulders in a little celebratory dance, making her chuckle, "You're adorable," She was smiling fondly as she wrapped it around her middle, watching you stroke your bubble beard smugly, "I'll make us some tea?"

"Yesssss," You agreed excitedly, "And don't steal one of my jumpers to go downstairs."

"Oh, so you can steal mine, but I can't borrow one of yours?" She scoffed, "Plus, you love me in your clothes. First time you saw me in your shirt, you mauled me like a wild animal."

"Okay, calm down," You put a prune fingered hand up, "And you just made my point, my heart can't take it tonight, I'm exhausted."

"Tough." She smirked, leaving, and you gaped at the now half opened door before smiling as you got out.

You quickly toweled off, hanging it back up to strut out naked, and you caught her rifling through your drawers for her favorite Green Bay Packers hoodie.

"It's in the laundry." You mumbled against her ear as you wrapped your arms around her from behind, pressing your chest against her towel covered back.

"Nooo," She whined lowly, pouting, and you laughed softly before she squinted ahead of her as she realized, "You're lying, aren't you?"

"Would I lie to you?" You scoffed unconvincingly and she turned in your hold, noticing with a raised eyebrow that you were wearing less than her.

"Thought I wasn't allowed to see you naked again tonight."

"Oh, you're right!" You exclaimed like you just remembered, swiping her towel off before she could protest, and quickly trying to wrap it around yourself as she laughed, grabbing at your hips to stop you.

"Nuh uh," She shook her head smiling, kissing your lips to distract you as she let the towel drop to the floor, "Not this time."

"It's almost like you want me indecent."

"You know me so well," She smirked, kissing you sweetly as you hummed against her lips, "But I promised you tea, so get me the hoodie and I'll pick something out for you too."

"You'll need pants!" You raised a finger, shuffling through your drawer and pulling out a pair of boy short styled pants, handing them over.

"Thanks, baby," She kissed you as she took them, bending to slip them on, and you tried not to groan at the sight, but then she was smirking again when she stood, "Packers hoodie?"

"Right, yes," You nodded, snapping back into it and walking over to the closet as she picked out some clothes for you, biting her bottom lip as she did it while watching you sway your hips before you were strolling back with the sweatshirt, "Here we – Stone Roses?"

"And Scooby-doo pajama pants," She grinned, handing them over, "What you were wearing when we met."

You melted as you took them from her and she slipped the hoodie over her head, kissing your little adoring frown before going off to make your guys' tea.