CHAPTER NINE ⚔️

CHAPTER NINE ⚔️

****
Ethan watched her left and suddenly collapsed on the floor with a groan escaping his trembling lips.

He didn't know why he didn't know what had come over him to nearly force himself on a girl and give into his emotions like some pathetic beings.

He's not just anyone, he's not just any demon and definitely not some weak minded human, but even he couldn't seem to control his emotions in front of that angel girl.

He wants to believe this is all due to his other soul being separated from him for too long.

Over a century ago when he first came into the human world, he was supposed to be in a deep slumber but some pathetic human had actually summoned him.

He was so angry that he decided death was the best for the human but he fell Into a trap instead.

The human wasn't just any human, he's one of the association of the hunter community and had actually summoned him to kill him.

He was quickly weakened with some potions and their combined magic attacks and could only escape.

He didn't manage to, he was cornered from behind and his soul was directly attacked.

This process had somehow managed to cut his soul into two, leaving him with an incomplete soul and even though he managed to return to the spirit world, the two souls find it hard to coexist.

He had then found an anchor after a lot of struggle and even though the man was a half demon, he made do perfectly and so he had forcefully split the souls frommhis body and whole one entered the human reincarnation cycle, the other went into a deep sleep to regain their powers.

Those hunters are nothing but pathetic things who could only gang up against him.

Not only had they used a black magic to forcefully summon him, they had also used that same black magic to split his soul.

He would never forget or forgive them for this and he will get his revenge on the whole association.

****

A group of men dressed in a black cloak walked into a meeting room and greeted each other before each settled on different chairs.

"I've sent you all here and I believe you have seen the news and already knew the association's stand on the matters" another man who seemed like the leader spoke whole the rest nodded.

"I had sent one of my personal disciples to the scene and he managed to return something really helpful" he brought out a black feather.

The others were quick to examine the feather and then passed it back to the man.

"Over a century ago, I had sacrificed my disciple as a summoner and he had managed to summon the devil king and with the help of the whole association, we had managed to greatly injure him before he somehow escaped…. This feather after my investigation might belong to him which means that there's a possibility he's back" concluded the man.

A heavy silence followed this and many glanced at each other, some looked extremely worried while a few of them looked unconcerned about this.

"We have managed to get him once, let him appear again and we could use this opportunity to simply end him completely" someone said .

"Or you could take this more seriously and use your brain blackwood, this is an ancient demon and the devil king we are talking about, he couldn't have appeared in the human world without an anchor or a summoner " snapped another man.

"Nightshade, you can't just talk to me like that, it's not my fault you are not strong enough to be bold with your replies" replied blackwood with a chuckle.