Perfect - Chris Evans

Pairing: Chris Evans x reader

Summary: Your son Jude was the best kid you could ever wish for.

Word count: 1k+

Warnings: Fluff, one curse word

A/N:

English is not my first language, so I apologize if I made any (grammar) mistakes. Feedback, requests, talks, vents, recommendations or just simple questions are always welcome.

Happy reading xxx

I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

The summer breeze felt relaxing on your skin while you were walking with your husband and 4-year-old son on the beach in Bora Bora. Moments like these were very special to your heart, since it was very rare. The last time Chris was free in the summer was when the two of you got married, almost 7 years ago. Since then, he always had to work, leaving you alone, but also heartbroken.

"Mommy, look, the sea is so pretty!"

"Yeah, it is, buddy. It looks gorgeous."

But now, you found yourself on the most perfect island with your husband and son. It was hard to convince Chris, since he doesn't like the ocean that much, but the moment he saw Jude's face, he knew he had to arrange something.

"Do you think the fishies like to walk like us, daddy?" Jude was always very interested in sea animals and water, hence his excitement at going on a beach holiday.

"I'm pretty sure they prefer swimming with their family, makes it easier for them since they don't have legs, remember?"

Chris and Jude had many things they loved doing together, but one thing that stuck out was reading. They loved to read books together. Especially Jude.

Every time Chris came from the set, he was always already on the couch, sitting with a book he chose. Chris read for him, and now that Jude started going to school, he also helped him with reading better.

"Oh yes, daddy. I remember! They have no legs but fins! it was in that book you bought me."

"That's right. Gosh, you have such a good memory, up top buddy!"

Jude then excitedly high-fived his dad, proud that he remembered this information.

After walking on the beach for a while, Jude got sleepy and wanted to go back to his hotel room.

"Aww, you're tired, baby? Do you want mommy to carry you?"

He was clearly struggling to stay awake, with sleep leaking from his eyes and his eyelids kept shutting.

"I got him, babe, don't you worry." With saying that, he took Jude into his bulky arms. Jude immediately put his little arms around his father's neck and buried his face in his neck.

"There we go, shhh I got you buddy, daddy's gotcha." The picture that was playing in front of you was enough to build tears in your eyes. Not only were you lucky to be married to a man like Chris, but you were also blessed to have an exact copy of him as a son.

After putting Jude to bed, Chris found you on the balcony, admiring the view. He slowly reached you, hugging you from behind and putting his head on your shoulder.

"Everything okay, baby?" His voice was soft, almost cuddly, and gave you goosebumps. He kissed your cheek and kept rubbing your arms, his way of keeping you warm.

"Everything is perfect. I was just wondering how lucky we got with a kid like Jude. He is so special, I mean he is only 4 but already has the sweetest soul ever."

"That's because he is just like you, baby." He said now looking at you and not in front of him. "All his great qualities, the reason he is so perfect is just 'cause of you." He tickled your side and you both laughed quietly, trying not you wake the perfect 4 year old.

"Yeah, if he has all my good qualities, what did he get from you?" You were looking back at him now, your hands on top of his.

"Well, that's an excellent question. He obviously got my looks. I mean his eyes, his smile, his nose are all me baby. Which works in his favor, by the way."

"Oh yeah? How is that?"

Chris turned you around so that your chests were touching, and his breath was felt on your lips. The goosebumps came back, and suddenly, kissing him was all you could think about.

"With your intelligence and with my looks, he is gonna fucking rock the world, baby."

"Oh, yeah?" You asked him, your tone dangerously low and your intention dangerously recognizable.

"Yeah. How about we make him a sib-"

"Mommy? Daddy?"

The voice of your son brought you back to real life, and Chris detached himself from you. Both of you went to check up on him.

"Is everything okay, baby? Did you see a bad dream?" You asked him while he was still rubbing his eyes.

"Daddy, can you give me a glass of water, please?" His voice sounded like rash paper, clearly showing he just woken up.

"Of course buddy, here." He directly put some water in his cup that was on the nightstand next to his bed.

"I didn't see a nightmare, mommy. But I saw a really weird dream."

"What did you see?"

"What type of weird dream, Jude?"

Both of you asked at the same time, making the little 4-year-old smile.

"You're never going to believe this mommy, but I saw fishies who had legs!"

You fake gasped, while Chris had a shocked look on his face. Jude had always had weird dreams, a result of his big imagination. Chris and you always listened with a passion, witnessing how excited he got.

"No kidding! And what did they do with their legs in your dream, Buddy?" Chris asked.

"They were just like us, daddy! They were going to the store, walking on the beach, and even going to Disneyland!"

"My oh my, that's a crazy dream, Jude. If that was real, would you be scared or not?" Jude was thinking for a couple of seconds after his mom asked him a question, and his face lit up when he got the answer.

"No! I won't! Because my mommy and daddy would be next to me and they would protect me from any harm!"

Your heart just melted right there. He was so sweet, kind, and gentle that it made you question yourself sometimes and your actions.

Chris next to you put his hand on his heart, deeply touched by his son's words.

"Oh, buddy. You're killing your old man. Come here."

Jude then got up and went to his father for a big bear hug. The two of them then looked at you, the eyes inviting to the hug and how could you decline?

Chris put his arms on the both of you, enjoying this sweet family moment that he craved for years, and now he finally got it.

"I love you guys."

"We love you more, buddy."