Chapter 12

[author's note]

this chapter is going to be a bit longer 

just so i can wrap it up with a nice little bow 

enjoy <33

⋆♡ Chapter Twelve ♡⋆

Chapter Twelve 

How to mend a broken heart

Everything hurt. Soyun's body felt like it was being held over a flame, every muscle and bone aching like they were being slowly pulled apart. She had curled up on her bed, all three of her brothers sitting with her. Sebin sits on the side of the bed, gently patting the girl's forehead with a cool cloth. 

"Soyunie, baby, how are you feeling?" Soyun hears her mother's voice, curling her body closer to her brother. 

"Eomma, this isn't the time. She needs some rest." Sehyoon says, Soyun shifting her head to see her oldest brother blocking their mother from entering the room. She turns back, Sangjun sitting on the floor in front of her. He reaches up, tucking Soyun's hair behind her ear. The girl could tell that her brothers were trying to distract her from everything that was happening, like they always did, but she was having a hard time focusing on them. 

"I have every right to comfort my daughter, get out of the way." Soyun's mother practically shouts, the girl flinching at the volume of her voice. 

"You lost that right when you drugged her." Says a new voice, the burning pain in Soyun's neck feeling like it was finally subsiding. She knew that voice, she had heard that voice every day for ten months. Sunoo. Soyun shifts, twisting to see if she was imagining his voice. There he stood, in her doorway. She hardly notices Heeseung, Sunghoon and Ni-ki behind him. 

"What are you talking about?" Soyun's mother stutters, Sunoo not even glancing at her as he steps into the room. Soyun sits up, the pain in her neck slowly disappearing as he steps closer to her. Sunoo drops to his knees in front of the girl, his eyes red rimmed like he had been crying. He slowly reaches his hands out, resting his palms on her knees. 

"I'm sorry, Soyun." Sunoo says quietly, his voice breaking as he meets her gaze. Soyun puts both hands on his shoulders, pulling the boy towards her. His arms go around her waist, Sunoo's hand gripping her t-shirt like he was afraid she would slip away if he didn't hold on tight enough.