Chapter 3

⋆♡ Chapter Three ♡⋆

Chapter Three

A Done Deal

Soyun groans as she blinks her eyes open, her head and neck aching. Panic sets in a moment later, the memories flooding back. She sits up on the small couch she had been laying on, her eyes wide as she looks around the large meeting room that she was in.

"She's awake." Soyun's eyes focus on Manager Kang, the older man sitting next to her on a chair. Heeseung sits on the couch next to her, his eyes worried as he looks her over. Jake kneels in front of her, his hands on her knees.

"How do you feel?" He asks quietly, like he was worried that he was going to scare her. Soyun takes a deep breath, putting a hand on her forehead.

"Everything hurts, what happened?" She asks, her neck throbbing. When Soyun doesn't get an answer, she looks at Jake. His eyes are focused her neck, the girl's hand flying up to touch the tender skin. Soyun hisses when pain shoots through her neck, her fingers coming away with blood on them. She turns, her eyes landing on the still boy that sat on the couch across from her.

Sunoo would look peaceful if it weren't for the still bleeding wound on his neck, his skin pale. Soyun's eyes focus on the brand that now marked his skin. It was her name. Sunoo's eyebrows knit together, like he was in pain.

"No, no, no." Soyun mumbles, panic seeping into every part of her body. She shakes her head, feeling like she was going to start crying at any moment.

"Sunoo is your soulmate." Jake whispers, Soyun unable to read his expression.

"No, he can't be. It can't be him." She says, her voice cracking. The girl stands, her manager catching her as she stumbles slightly. Soyun's entire body felt heavy, like it was suddenly made of lead.

"Soyun, he has your name branded on his neck. You have his name on yours." Manager Kang says matter-of-factly, trying to guide Soyun back to the couch. She breaks out of his grasp, holding her hands in her hair.

"Soyun." Sunoo's voice reaches her ears, Soyun's head snapping up. His eyes are still closed, his expression pained as she shifts on the small couch. Jungwon sat next to him in a chair, gently placing a white cloth on his forehead. Soyun's hands drop to her sides, the pain in her neck growing slightly as she stands on the opposite side of the room. Ni-ki appears next to her, his face worried as he tries to steady the wobbly girl. Soyun hardly notices his presence, her eyes focused on the unconscious boy.

Soulmate.

That word repeats over and over in Soyun's mind but the voice doesn't sound like hers, her eyes focused on her name on the side of Sunoo's neck. Every part of her body wants to move towards him, the almost sad emotion on his face drawing her in. Soyun doesn't know when but suddenly, she's sitting on her knees next to Sunoo as he lays on the couch. His soft brownish black hair is stuck to his temples, a think layer of sweat covering the boy's skin.