Chapter 9

⋆♡ Chapter Nine ♡⋆

Chapter Nine 

Escape

Soyun's breathing is too fast, her chest aching as she tries her best to get a full breath. Her heart is beating so hard she's positive it's about to fully jump out of her chest, her vision blurring as tears stream down her cheeks. 

"My Soyunie." Sunoo's voice breaks through the panic that had completely taken over Soyun's senses, his tone so gentle that the girl almost breaks down right then and there. She had run out to the front lawn of her parent's house without much thought, just needing to no longer be around her family. She hadn't even considered that Sunoo had still been inside when she started walking down the street in a panicked daze, but now he was standing in front of her. 

Sunoo puts his arms out, Soyun practically falling against him. She buries her face in his chest, her arms going around him. Sunoo rests his chin on top of her head, one of his hands gently stroking her hair. Both of Soyun's hand grip Sunoo's shirt, the girl not able to hold back the tears anymore. Her entire body shakes with the force of her sobs, the boy quietly soothing her. 

"We don't have to go back there, I don't feel comfortable letting those people be around you." Sunoo says once the girl has quieted a bit, his arms wrapping around her tighter as he buries his face in her shoulder. 

"I can't go back, I don't want to put you through that again." Soyun says as she pulls away, Sunoo holding her face in his hands. 

"Baby, you don't ever have to apologize for other people. I'm for you, not them." He says, his usually soft brown eyes now holding more determination than Soyun had ever seen. She sends him a small smile, pressing her cheek into his palm. 

"Can we just go home? I don't think I can handle any more family time." Soyun says with a humourless chuckle, Sunoo letting out a small huff. He nods his head, pulling the girl into his arms again. 

"If that's what you want then we can do that, we'll pick up some food on the way. What would you like to eat?" He asks, holding Soyun's hand. He intertwines their fingers, turning in the opposite direction to her parent's house. 

"You're just going to leave?" The pair tense when they come face-to-face with Siyoon, the older girl standing with her arms crossed tightly over her chest.