♡︎ Introductions ♡︎

Soulmates:

Once a person turns eighteen, they have the possibility of finding their one true soulmate. You won't know who they are, or where they are. It could be a close friend, or it could be someone on the opposite side of the world. Only 15% of people actually find their soulmate.

You will only know if you have found your soulmate because the first time you make eye contact with them, you'll feel an extraordinary amount of pain as their name is burned into your skin.  Most people can't handle the pain and a very small number of people have been killed. This 'brand' cannot be removed, and it cannot be covered by anything (makeup, clothing, or bandages). If you try to cover the 'brand', it will only glow with a brilliant gold colour and will start to burn until it is uncovered. 

Once you have found your soulmate, both partners will be able to feel strong emotions that the other is feeling. If you are hurt physically then your soulmate will feel pain in the same place as your wound. (example: You have a cut on your right arm, your soulmate's right arm will sting like they've been cut)

After finding your soulmate, you must have skin-to-skin contact at least once a day for ten months. If you miss a day or if you refuse the contact, the bond mark will start to burn again until you accept it. It will burn, feeling like it has been set on fire, until you have contact with your soulmate again.

Soulmates have been known to become extra possessive during the first ten months, their eyes reportedly turning a deep violet colour when they feel threatened or feel that their soulmate is threatened. 

Once ten months have passed, the marks will scar and you will no longer need daily contact. But, you will forever be linked to your soulmate. 

Everyone has only one soulmate.