Chapter 1

⋆♡ Chapter One ♡⋆

⋆♡ Chapter One ♡⋆

New Beginnings

"Come on, Soyun. It's time to wake up, we're almost at the airport." Soyun blinks her eyes open, shifting in her seat as she looks over at her manager. Manager Kang sends the girl a smile, the man turning back to face the road ahead of him. He taps the drivers shoulder, telling him which way to turn. 

"Are you happy to be back?" Manager Kang asks, meeting Soyun's gaze as he turns in his seat to face her. 

"I guess, when are we meeting with Jay?" She asks, adjusting her hat over her eyes. 

"We'll be meeting with them at noon, I'll come pick you up at your apartment at about eleven." The older man says, Soyun nodding her head in response. She watches as the driver pulls the car into the airport, taking a deep breath as she spots all of the people that were waiting to catch a glimpse of her as she made her way to the gate.

The camera flashes almost blind Soyun as she stands in front of the large crowd, holding one of her hands up in greeting. Her manager puts a hand on her back to urge her forward, the security guards they had hired immediately falling into formation around her. Soyun knew, all too well, what it was like to be mobbed at the airport when she was traveling. 

Soyun nods to people as she passes them, sending friendly smiles and waves to her fans as they scream for her attention. The model tenses when she hears a few people shouting questions she had hoped she wouldn't be asked.

"Soyun! Have you been looking for your soulmate?"

"Soyun! Do you think you'll ever find your soulmate?"

"Who do you hope your soulmate is?" 

Soyun lowers her head so that the cap of her hat covers her eyes completely, no longer wanting to interact with anybody. 

Every time Soyun's fans got the chance to talk to her, they always wanted to know about her soulmate. She never understood the obsession with finding one's soulmate, didn't understand why that was the only thing some people could think about. Truthfully, Soyun didn't care if she ever found her soulmate. It seemed like a waste of time, being tied to someone simply because the universe says you belong together.