Chapter Six: Welcome To Jurassic World!

Rose covers her head but since she was sitting between Kenji and Yasmina, Kenji grabbed her head.

"Ouch..." Rose whines. Bumpy squeals and Rose whines. Rose pushes Kenji off in annoyance.

"Is everyone okay?" Darius asks. Yasmina looks back at the group.

"Is everyone...?" Yasmina asks and chuckles before she gets out to go blow off some steam.

"Yaz, wait!" Sammy objects and climbs out to rush after her, "Wait! Yasmina!" Everyone gets out and Rose whines in pain. She looks over at Ben and Bumpy who both got out.

"We're not okay!" Yasmina states.

"Yaz–" Sammy begins.

"We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur out there, and you... You..." Yasmina begins.

"Destroyed our only way to get help and lied about it! I told you guys!" Brooklynn finishes.

"So, you did take Brooklynn's phone? Why? What were you doing?" Darius asks.

"Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those samples from the Sinoceratops." Brooklynn explains and she gasps, "and you knew about the Indominus Rex because you were snooping around Dr. Wu's office when I ran into you. I knew it!"

"I didn't mean to destroy the phone. I fell on it when the zipline came down and–" Sammy explains.

"But you did steal it?" Ben asks, "You had it that whole time and didn't tell us?"

"Hold up. What were you doing in Dr. Wu's office, Brooklynn?" Darius asks.

"I... It doesn't matter. I didn't break our only way to call for help and then lie about it! This is not my fault! This is her fault! She–" Brooklynn snaps.

"I'm here to spy!" Sammy admits. Rose stares at Sammy in shock with everyone else.

"For a company called Mantah Corp." Sammy explains.

"They're a bioengineering company, big rivals with Masrani. They tried to make dinosaurs, too, but Wu beat them to it." Darius explains.

"You doomed us all for some lousy company?" Ben asks.

"Our ranch was in trouble, so my folks had to borrow a lot of money from some shady people. We didn't know they were fronting for Mantah Corp. They said we'd lose everything unless I spied for them. Use the behind-the-scenes access I'd get at camp to gather info from Wu's lab, and DNA from dinos, and whatever else they needed. But then Brooklynn caught on, and I got scared, and then everything went wrong. This is the last thing I wanted to happen." Sammy admits before looking at Yasmina.

"Oh." Yasmina responds with a scoff, "To be next to a broken van on Killer Dinosaur Island? Hey, me, too! What are the odds?"

"Yas, I–" Sammy tries to say.

"Was it all a lie, wanting to be friends? Pretending you cared about... You just needed someone to hide what you were doing. Tell me I'm wrong." Yasmina states and Sammy starts crying, "I'm such an idiot."

"You are wrong. I just didn't know how to say it, or how to explain to you. Just because I spied doesn't change who I am." Sammy explains and grabs Yaz's shoulder.

"Don't touch me! Go away, Sammy." Yasmina states. Sammy gasps and runs off. Bumpy grunts trying to make Yasmina calm down.

"Not now, Bumpy." Yasmina explains.

"Look, I know the situation we're in is suboptimal–" Ben begins.

"It's trash. Just say it's trash, Ben." Brooklynn explains gently squeezing the bridge of her nose.