Chapter Thirteen (S2 E5): Brave!

{Shorter chapter because it's hard to do Ben wandering around the jungle... by himself}

Rose notices movement behind Hap. Rose gasps in shock. Her eyes fill with tears before Hap is hit from behind. Kenji and Brooklynn look from Hap up to who hit him and while Rose was already rushing over to the person with happy tears in her eyes. An Ankylosaurus runs up behind the person and roars.

"Ben?" Kenji asks.

"BEN!" Rose screams and tackles him with a tight hug.

"What? You've never seen a ghost before?" Ben asks as he smiles letting Rose hug him.

[Weeks Ago]

Rose moves to reach for Ben with Darius. Rose wasn't fast enough however and when she reached for Ben, Darius accidentally let go. Something shattered in Rose and tears filled her eyes.

"BEN!" Rose screams. Ben stares up at Rose in shock as he's grabbed and carried away. Some Pteranodon fight over him, Ben kicks at one, trying to get loose. He gets loose before he falls, crashing into the mud.

[The Next Morning]

Ben wakes up to Bumpy licking his face. He pushes her off and sees that it's Bumpy.

"OH!" Ben exclaims and hugs her, "Oh, Bumpy! Bumpy, Bumpy, Bumpy! Where's everyone else? Where's Rose?" Ben looks around excitedly, hoping to see Rose run over to him and hug him. He gets disappointed when he realizes Rose wasn't running over.

"Bumpy, where's everybody else?" Ben asks, freaking out, "Rose?! Darius?! Guys?! Help! Anybody?! HELP!" Ben hears a twig snap and he screams freaking out. Bumpy stands next to him, she wasn't freaking out so it couldn't be a threat that was coming after them. Ben looks over and finds a Compy screeching at him. More Compys show up and Ben freaks out. Bumpy then begins to freak out. Bumpy goes into action and starts attacking the Compys with her tail. She roars at them then moves over and looks at Ben. Ben pulls her closer and smiles.

"Okay, okay. This is gonna be okay. They'll come save me. Right? Rose would never leave me. She's my best friend. I..." Ben states and his cheeks flush red. Bumpy looks up at him. Ben didn't want to admit it, but he had feelings for Rose since they first met.

[First Grade - Years Ago]

A younger looking Rose climbs out of the car that drove her to the bus stop. She wanted to ride the bus like a normal kid. She stands waiting for the school bus. She turns just as a younger looking Ben bulldozes into her from being pushed by a fifth grade bully. The two fall to the ground, her backpack and his going everywhere. The Bully laughs.

"Look at little Pinkus! He's going to cry." The bully states. Rose stands up and she looks over towards the boy.

"Hmm? What's that look for?" The bully asks. Rose walks towards him and punches him square across the jaw before pulling back and spinning herself around and roundhouse kicking him.

"Bullies make me angry." Rose states and she walks over to Ben whose eyes widen as she approaches him. He flinches, using his hands and arms to shield himself. She grabs one of his hands and she helps him stand. Ben's eyes widened again and he looked at her.

"Don't worry, if they don't want to be punched again, they'll leave you be. My name is Rose. Rose Allen." Rose says.

"Ben... Ben Pinkus." Ben explains.

"This is my first year at this school." Rose says.

"Lucky you... I've been going since last year." Ben responds.

"Since I'm new. Do you... want to be friends?" Rose asks. Ben stares at her in disbelief.

"It's a yes or no question, Ben." Rose says.