Chapter Eleven (S2 E3): The Watering Hole!

{There is a reference to one of my favorite movies growing up as a kid in this chapter ;) First to get it, gets season 3's first chapter dedicated to you. :D But you gotta comment where it's from and the phrase that follows from the original movie it comes from - No hints from me. :P ENJOY!}

[A Few Weeks Later]

Darius sits writing about the Compies napping together as a family, curled into a protective pile while Rose takes a picture. She was the photographer for all of Darius's research notes. Kenji comes over and scares off the Compies.

"Shoo, you retro iguanas!" Kenji snaps.

"Kenji, that wasn't nice." Rose states. They climb up onto the platform that they'd built so far. It was above Rexy's head and chomping height and currently had a makeshift shower, beds and a table for everyone to sit at and a former couch that Rose last sat at with Ben. Kenji strips into his swim trunks he'd changed into. He took a shower in the makeshift shower Rose had made.

"YARG! Does this water ever get warm?!" Kenji cries out.

"Nope." Rose replies showing Darius the Compy pile for his notes. Yasmina steps down off the high bunk she'd chosen. Sammy was trying to get into a can of fruit because she was hungry. She ends up losing it and it bounces over Rose who ducked and it rolls down onto the platform and hits Yaz's ankle.

"Sorry, Yaz." Sammy says.

"It's fine. And another one." Yaz states. Kenji tosses the jug of the water over.

"No mas aqua. A little help." Kenji states.

"I got you, Kenj." Darius says.

"You're the only boy who can. None of us want to see Kenji naked." Rose states.

"If you keep doing that for him, he'll never learn to do it for himself." Yasmina points out. Darius shrugs and heads to get some water. He slides down the quick escape slide to the stream, or where the stream should be.

"Uh, guys?" Darius asks, dropping the jug. They rush over and then head down to him. They find the stream dried up.

"Where'd all the water go?" Sammy asks.

"Why don't we ask Mr. 45-minute shower?" Yasmina asks as Kenji walks over fully clothed.

"Hey, looking good is part of my brand. And no way did I drain a whole river." Kenji objects.

"Guys, we better figure out what's up. We're gonna run out of water." Darius states. Meanwhile, Brooklynn heard the humming sound again.

"Let's–" Darius begins before Brooklynn shushes him.

"I hear that hum again." Brooklynn announces and everyone groans.

"The river must've been drowning it out. If I follow that, I can find–" Brooklynn begins.

"Frozen patch of flowers." Everyone else says in unison.

"Oh. I've mentioned it, huh?" Brooklynn asks.

"The frozen flowers you saw once but have never found again? Yeah. A few hundred times." Kenji states.

"Uh, I'm sorry for wanting to get to the bottom of all this weirdness on the island. I came here to–" Brooklynn begins.

"Unbox Jurassic World, and that's what I'm gonna do." Everyone else says in unison.

"If you're gonna go look for the noise, I'll come too!" Sammy exclaims, "If that's okay. It'd be nice to have an adventure for a fun reason and not a 'fleeing dinosaurs or facing imminent death' reason."