Chapter Fourteen (S2 E6): Misguided!

[Present]

Ben stands getting hugged by Rose while Brooklynn and Kenji stare at him in shock. Rose was sobbing and clinging to Ben tightly.

"Uh..." Ben says, dropping his stick he'd clobbered Hap on the back of the head with, "Hey." Kenji runs over and hugs Ben with Rose. Rose was still sobbing as she cried into Ben's neck clinging tightly to him. Ben accepts all the hugs.

"How?" Kenji asks as he lets go but Rose doesn't, "How? How?" Kenji begins crying. Brooklynn hugs Ben too. Hap groans and the group looks over. Rose didn't move from hugging Ben while Brooklynn let go. Rose was never letting Ben go again.

"Oh, right. We should probably deal with that." Ben explains, "Rose, I missed you too, but could you... let go for a moment?"

"I'm never letting go of you again for as long as I live." Rose whispers. Ben smiles and nods.

"It's just for a minute. You can hold my hand again when I'm finished. Just like when we were kids." Ben states. Rose slowly lets go and Kenji watches as she steps back and rubs her face. Ben was back now, which means she didn't need Kenji anymore. Ben begins explaining what happened as ties Ben up.

"Fell off the monorail, got savaged by Pteranodons, found Bumpy, survived in the jungle, defeated Toro, and then I overheard that fancy couple conspiring with this guy, Hap. So I figured you guys might need my help. Especially when they threatened to take Rose's camera from her. Her camera is nearly as important to her as I am." Ben explains.

"Oh, hey, I still have your dork pouch–" Kenji states, pointing to it and finds it gone, "What?" Ben puts it back on.

"Oh, yeah. I snatched it off of you earlier. But thanks for keeping it safe. And Rose." Ben states. Ben uses his hand sanitizer on his hands. Ben notices a stun stick.

"Could have used this while fighting ol' Toro, eh, Bumps?" Ben asks Bumpy who groans.

"This is Bumpy?" Rose asks and Bumpy nuzzles Rose in the stomach to say hello. She remembered Rose being the other person she locked eyes with when she was hatched.

"Ben, focus. What exactly did they say?" Brooklynn asks.

"Not too much, but they're definitely up to something. Hap, too." Ben explains, "I say we feed him to the Mosasaurus or the T-Rex."

"Oh you could listen to me." Hap states and Rose gasps and moves behind Ben and grips the back of his tank top.

"You're awake?" Brooklynn asks in shock.

"Of course I'm awake. You really think I'm gonna be taken out by a bunch of kids?" Hap asks.

"Challenge accepted." Ben states, turning on the stun stick.

"Put that down, boy, before you get yourself or your girlfriend hurt." Hap states.

"Someone's getting hurt, old man, but it ain't me or Rose." Ben states.

"Zap him, Ben!" Kenji exclaims.

"With pleasure." Ben responds.

"Bring it!" Hap snaps.

"Ben!" Rose states, grabbing the stick over his hands.

"Everybody, chill!" Brooklynn states at the same time.

"Lower the weapon, Ben." Rose pleads.

"You're protecting this guy? Whose side are you on?" Ben asks.

"I am on the 'not electrocuting a human being' side, Ben." Brooklynn explains.

"I know you've been through a lot, but so have I. Please listen to us." Rose says gently and Ben looks at her.