Chapter Eight: End of The Line!

"BEN!" Darius and Rose screams in unison. Ben screams just as Darius grabs his arm, trying to stop himself from going flying as well. He managed to stop the Pteranodon from carrying Ben off. The Pteranodon lets go and Rose moves to reach for Ben with Darius. Rose wasn't fast enough however and when she reached for Ben, Darius accidentally let go. Something shattered in Rose and tears filled her eyes.

"BEN!" Rose screams.

"ROSE!" Ben screams as he is caught by a Pteranodon and carried away. Rose sits on her knees watching Ben vanish into the darkness. Everyone was in disbelief. Rose screams and Kenji stops her from jumping after him.

"BEN! NO!!!" Rose cries out and Kenji's eyes widened when Rose turns and cries into his arms.

"Rose..." Kenji says.

"My best friend... Ben was my best friend... I... I loved him..." Rose cries into Kenji's chest. Kenji's eyes widened and he wasn't sure what to say. No one knew what to say. Darius looks out the window and spot the ocean moving away from them.

"We're going back." Darius states.

"What?" Brooklynn asks, "What do you mean 'going back'?"

"When we switched tracks, we ended up on the one headed north. We're not going to the south docks, we're going away from them!" Darius announces. Darius beats on the controls.

"Doesn't anything here work?! We gotta get off this monorail now!" Darius yells. Brooklynn gets up looking around.

"Oh! T-The track dips down up ahead! We can jump there!" Brooklynn suggests.

"What?" Kenji asks.

"Jump?!" Sammy asks.

"We can't! It's too far to jump!" Yasmina objects. Kenji looks at Rose who hadn't moved. She was hugging Bumpy and sobbing. Kenji's eyes widened.

"It's the only way!" Darius yells.

"I'll take Bumpy! Someone has to pull Rose off or she won't jump off!" Kenji announces as he helps Rose stand and puts on Ben's little pouch he'd taken off.

"I got her!" Darius announces as Darius grabs Rose's hands. Rose stares down at the darkness of the jungle. She wanted to jump now and crash into the ground below.

"NOW!" Darius yells. He drags Rose off the monorail. Sammy followed them followed by Brooklynn, Yasmina and then Kenji and Bumpy. They miss their landing and crash into the trees. Kenji loses Bumpy but somehow ends up rolling down a hill with Rose who Darius had accidentally let go of in the jump. Kenji rolled into a tree without Bumpy and Rose smacked into him.

"Ouch." Kenji whines and watches Rose standing up. He grabs her hand before she runs off into possible danger.

"Is everyone alright?" Darius asks.

"Ish. Are you?" Brooklynn asks.

"Bumpy? Where's Bumpy?!" Rose asks.

"Bumpy!" Kenji yells, "I lost her when I hit the ground. She's gotta be here."

"Now I've lost them both." Rose whispers.

"Bumpy? Bumpy!" Kenji yells.

"Shh!" Brooklynn warns, "There are still dinosaurs out there, including Toro and–"

"Bumpy!" Kenji yells, "Bumpy!"

"We've gotta look for her. And Ben! He might still be–" Sammy exclaims.

"How? We don't even know where they are!" Yasmina snaps. Yasmina falls over.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the south ferry dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in 60 minutes." A voice calls out over an intercom.