Chapter Nine (S2 E1): A Beacon of Hope!

{HERE COMES SEASON 2!!!!! All 8 chapters coming at ya! ENJOY!}

An Ankylosaurus is shown walking peacefully through the jungle. It begins to scratch itself on an upside down jeep. Nearby, Compys were hanging out in a gyrosphere as they called it home. Near Main Street of the park, A Brachiosaurus checks out the landing for a monorail. It gets roared at by some Pteranodon so it bellows and drops down. Nearby, Blue runs through the tunnels, exploring. At a downed fence, herbivores of all kinds grazed.

Nearby, chaos broke out. Darius leads the group as they are running. Rose was being dragged by Kenji as she was still struggling to actually run instead of stopping and taking a picture. Brooklynn and Sammy helped Yasmina run as they practically carried her.

"Run, run, run!" Darius yells.

"Run!" Sammy yells.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there?!" Brooklynn asks, looking back. Kenji and Rose look behind them as they brought up the rear. Rose had taken a picture of some Parasaurolophus grazing and didn't realize that the T-Rex was about to move in on the kill. One of the Parasaurolophus ran after them as the herd scattered. It's chomped at by Rexy but it manages to allude Rexy for the moment.

"Aah! Not anymore!" Kenji yells.

"There!" Rose yells.

"Cover!" Kenji yells. They rush over to a downed tree. Darius dives under and Brooklynn and Sammy help Yasmina over. Rose jumps over using Kenji's help and he slides down sitting beside her. They listen to the sound of the Parasaurolophus running for its life before Rexy catches her prey. They hear Rexy crunch down on the Parasaurolophus's body and bones. Darius rises to his feet and peeks over the large tree that gave them cover. Rexy was dragging her prey away.

"They're gone." Darius whispers and the group relaxes and sighs.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?" Kenji complains.

"It's either your boyish charm or the fact all the fences on the island are down." Brooklynn explains.

"No offense, but it's definitely option two." Sammy explains.

"I don't even care. Right now, I just want a sandwich. We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..." Yasmina begins but stops to look at Rose. Kenji also looks at her. Rose looks down as tears fill her eyes.

"I-I..." Yasmina states. They hear a distant roar. The group all sighs.

"We just need to eat and rest. I can't keep running like this..." Sammy whines, helping Yasmina up again, with Brooklynn. Kenji grabs Rose's arm as she was going to raise her camera over the tree trunk again. Darius walks ahead a little and he gasps.

"We don't have to." Darius announces, "There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food and everything else. Come on!" Darius leads them towards Main Street. They arrive and find Main Street destroyed to bits.

"What happened here?" Kenji asks.

"Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs." Sammy says.

"It's more than that." Darius explains.

"It looks like a huge battle." Rose whispers.

"Some kind of fight took place here. From the height, it looks like maybe the T-Rex and... something bigger?" Darius asks.

"The Indominus?" Rose asks, "We haven't seen it since before we crashed."

"The Indominus Rex." Brooklynn says at the same time, "I don't think we have to worry about it anymore, or what's left of it." Darius looks down into the lagoon with her.