41

After shooting his mother, he couldn't remember what happened. Damien remembered watching the blood spill onto the floor after his mom died, he remembers vividly the blood drain from his mother's wound. She died from blood loss. Alex on the other hand died because the first shot Damien shot had hit Alex's head, which resulted in Alex dying on the spot. The people at the party are gone now. 

"Help" someone choked.

While his mother was crying and bleeding out, Damien looked at the food on the table that was prepared for the people at the party and ran towards it. Alex might have boasted it as 'Good food' but it was cheap ready-made food that was past its best-before. Damien sat down and started eating. For Damien, this was the best meal after a long time.

"H..h..he...lp" he heard someone call out. he ignored the calls eating. 

After some time he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Police freeze!" one police officer shouted coming in the open door to the apartment. another police officer ran to the bodies on the 

"Oh my god, I have a female with multiple gunshots send an ambulance... " 

Damien blocked out all voices and went into his little head space. What's going to happen to me?

---------- 

After that incident, Damien got to know the person who called the police was the building manager. she called the police not because she heard gunshots but because it was to loud and the smell of drugs had drifted throughout the shabby building. But the police came on time to find the bodies. The police didn't know what to do with the small boy. they detained him and took him to the station. Damien apathetically told them what had happened to him. Not just then but previous events too. he told them everything. Horrified the police tried to handle this quickly. the trial went smoothly too. Damien got away with what he did because he was only 5 years old and said it was self-defense. The police didn't need more evidence. further inspection of the apartment they found a lot of drugs and explicit porn. They kept him under surveillance for a while and put him in the foster system.

Damien was 6 years old. he had so far lived a peaceful life without that much abuse. His new foster parents didn't disturb him as long as he didn't disturb them. they just wanted to get paid. there were so much of kids in that house. Damien picked the room in the attic so he could be away from people. He had previously in a foster house that tried to sexually abuse him and the other kids, but he killed the abuser with rat poison. The police this time again didn't do anything. They suspected Damien but again, they couldn't do anything. One of the girls finally came out and told them about the abuse. She had proof because she was pregnant. Then more kids spoke up about it. Damien again was put into a different foster house, the one he currently was in.

The only thing he liked to do was read and exercise. he liked sports. People knew about him. it was a small town after all. He had no emotions. People feared Damien and Damien liked it. He liked how people left him alone. 

In school, he outsmarted kids his age and sometimes he outsmarted adults. He bullied anyone who bullied him or messed with him. It was easier that way. They left him alone. 

----------

When Damien was 9 years old he never expected to find a baby in his room crying. It was a 3-year-old brat who was hungry. He didn't like the crying but this situation reminded him of himself when he was small. His mother would lock him in the laundry room and blast music to shut out his cries. 

Damien cursed at his foster parents and went downstairs. They must have gotten a new foster kid. But she was just a baby. if they weren't going to look after it, why the fuck would they bring her here? money-hungry idiotic adults. He grumbled to himself and went to the kitchen. he realized he couldn't find what he was looking for. he sighed. The baby's cries echoed through the house. since it was the middle of the day the foster father must be at work. Where was the foster mother? who the fuck brings a baby without baby formula. Don't they know babies need to be cared for?