Open Sesame!

Taichi and the others found out from Gennai that another child was chosen. However, that child is not in the digital world but in Japan. After opening the gate connected to the human world, Vamdemon brought troops to commence his attack. Taichi and the others marched into his castle to stop his plans, but to their chagrin, the gate closed on them at the last minute.

"I see. That is too bad," Gennai spoke.

After the gate closed, the children managed to get out of the castle against all odds. Their Digimon were tired and those Devidramons were strong. Not to mention Ryuhei's condition was not any better. Though he could walk now, he was raddled by the latest encounter with the vampire. However, at least they managed to return to where they had left Gennai. But they were all in need of rest.

"Just saying it's 'too bad', won't cut it!" Yamato hissed. He had been carrying his brother out of here, because of how vicious those Digimon were. "The tenth child will die if we stay here!"

"Yeah, and that's not all. If those Digimon ran loose, they'd create massive chaos throughout Japan," Sora added worriedly.

"Yeah, and that is what they want," Ryuhei muttered. He was sitting at a tree stump with Viximon at his side.

"Yeah, can't we get the gate to open again?" Taichi asked.

"It's possible..." Gennai went thoughtful.

"Really?" Taichi asked, hope rising in his voice.

"How?" Sora asked.

"I can't simply explain it," Gennai countered and coughed. "Speaking off, Ryuhei, how did it go in there? You seem raddled."

"How is that any relevance, old man?" Taichi questioned, annoyed.

"Taichi!" Sora snapped at him.

"Hmm well, apparently Vamdemon did some horrible stuff to Ryuhei being a vampire," Koushiro mused. "It shouldn't come as a surprise that he would freeze up like that, but..."

"... but I shouldn't have frozen up like that," Ryuhei added and sighed. "I am sorry. I don't know what happened. I am no longer under his power, I should be able to..."

"Considering the circumstances, it is quite a feat you managed to get this far," Gennai mused getting everyone's attention.

"What do you mean by that?" Yamato questioned.

"He has a virus," Gennai explained.

"A virus?" everyone uttered in unison.

"Like a virus when you are sick?" Jyou questioned bewildered.

"Or is it a computer virus?" Koushiro questioned.

"Exactly. You are forgetting you are in the digital world chosen children," Gennai replied. "Vamdemon is a digital vampire. His fangs cause data to be corrupted. You yourself, are data in this world."

"And you didn't take the time to tell us that beforehand. Ryuhei was not supposed to go in there," Taichi hissed annoyed.

"Sorry, but you were in such a rush," Gennai replied. "Besides, who am I to stop Ryuhei from getting home along with the rest of you."

"Well he does have a point," Jyou mused.

"So what can we do to help Ryuhei? There must be something we can do," Mimi asked. Gennai nodded.

"I will have to make him an anti-virus antidote,"

"An antidote? But how?" Yamato questioned.

"Do not fret. I already have all the ingredients. Why don't you swing by my house and I will give Ryuhei it," Gennai said. "To be fair, you need some tools and stuff to open the gate again anyway."