9 - Graduation

Mark was thinking he might have packed on the pounds a little too quickly this summer... guys who recently passed 450 pounds really shouldn't have to be walking up the stairs, he thought to himself, his plight saved by the ding of the elevator.

"Hold it!" he shouted, shuffling his way over as fast as his overfed, under-exercised body could take him. "Thanks, you're a—Jake!? How'd you get an elevator key?" he said giving his roommate a clap on the shoulder.

"*mmph* Lindsay got it for me! Guess she convinced the university people that my knees would need a break from stairs given my new workout plan," Jake said, sucking down a chocolate shake. Lindsay had made sure she dropped him off with enough "protein shake" to last the first week of the semester at least.

"...workout plan?" Mark asked, eyeing the extra weight his roommate was clearly carrying. "Milkshakes part of that workout routine? Sounds like a plan I can get behind," He laughed.

"Mmm dude you wouldn't be interested in these, they're helping me build muscle and stuff," Jake said, pouring the last of the bottle into his open mouth. "Alright gotta go lay down for a bit to rest my muscles," Jake said, exiting the elevator and opening their door.

"Definitely bulking... in a sense" Mark whispered to himself. "...you actually worked out today?" Mark asked, seeing Jake was winded from the walk across the hallway.

"Well... it's actually a recovery day... you probably can't see the results yet but when I'm actually slimming down to a reasonable weight again you'll see! Lindsay's been helping me all summer," Jake said, ignoring the aggressive creaking from his bed as he rolled into it.

Mark went to grab a soda, finding more of Jake's shakes in the fridge. He took a sneaky sip, confirming for himself it tasted like a creamy, fattening shake. What was Lindsay playing at here? With these shakes and the unlimited dining hall food... Mark knew it wouldn't be long before before even Jake had to admit he was becoming a full-blown fat-loving feedee.

Mark watched day after day as Jake found Lindsay-supported excuses to not actually exercise, then absolutely stuff himself at every meal to "keep his strength up". Cheat days and recovery days seemed to come more and more frequently. Lindsay would come visit on the weekends, they'd ask Mark to the room for themselves and he'd come back to find Jake, barely covered by his bed sheet, sucking down a "recovery" shake after their physical activities with another week's worth of shakes stocked in the fridge.

Mark was gaining steadily, but Jake ballooned faster than ever. His sides began to brush against the doorway. He struggled to squeeze into the bathroom stalls. He couldn't shower with the curtain completely closed. Some mornings he was too full and lazy to get up, so he started skipping class to sit in bed, eating and scrolling on his favorite weight gain comics. Lindsay was sending huge takeout orders directly to the room so he didn't even have to leave the dorm some days.

A few months in, things truly seemed to be getting out of hand. Mark came back at noon to find Jake still in bed, his belly bulging over the edge as it gently sagged towards the ground. He weakly tried to sit up, his face pressing into his chins as he strained to see Mark over his belly.

"Hey! Think you can *huff* help me up? Guess my *huff* abs are worn out from my last workout..." Jake said sheepishly as he offered Mark his pudgy hands.

"Sure," Mark sighed, helping him sit up. Mark didn't have a problem with Jake getting so big — it was only helping motivate his own gain — but seeing Jake start to struggle to get around, while still denying the role Lindsay was playing had started to feel naive at best, manipulative at worst.

"Wanna weigh in? It's been a bit... actually I don't think you've been on a scale this semester." Mark said, pulling out the pair of scales as Jake stood up, his belly approaching his knees, looking a bit apprehensive.