25| Flashback

Flashback

It was a Sunday evening, and everyone was enjoying the cloudy weather. The elders were outside, sipping tea and savoring the atmosphere. Rahul and Aditya were engrossed in their chess game, while little Ania, about to be 12 in a few months, was trying her best to get a chance to play badminton with Aarav and Avi.

"Aarav my turn!" Ania said, poking his shoulder.

"Anu abhi nahi jao mama baba pass betho chot lag jaye gi" Aarav replied, shooting the shuttlecock into the air.

Ania ran to the other side.

"Bhaiyu!" she whined.

Avi smiled and handed her the racket.

"Nahi yaar Avi baad main khel Lena iske sath itni mushkil se hawa ruki hai" Aarav said, irritated.

He was enjoying the game a lot, and playing with Ania meant nothing but giving her easy shots again and again and dealing with her uncontrollable tantrums.

"Aarav bss do minute kay liye please" Avi requested. Aarav nodded and gave Ania a shot.

"Aarav nechay do mera hath itna uper nahi jata" she said, struggling to hit the shot.

He huffed, and after a few more shots, he gave up, looking at Avi, who took his racket back.

"Kia masla haii?" she whined.

"Anu pakka Apke sath baad main khelon ga" Aarav replied.

"Baba!" she went to her father, whining.

"Baba ki jaan kisne tang Kia meri beti ko?" he asked, making her sit on his knee.

"Bhai and Bhaiyu woh log mujhe nahi khela rahy," she pouted.

"Ajao main baat karta hoon inse" Raghav said, extending his hand. She held it, and they walked towards the boys.

"Kyun nahi khela rahy meri beti ko tum log?" Raghav asked, looking at them.

"Bare Baba isay khelna welna aata nahi hai ulta Hume thaka ke rakh deti hai" Aarav replied. Just then, it started drizzling.

"Baarish!" Ania said cheerfully, extending her hand to catch the drops.

"Chalo bacho andar chalo Anu chalo barish ruke gi toh bare baba apke ke sath Khud badminton khelain gay" Raghav said to her as they moved towards the covered area where everyone was sitting.

"Bhaiya main bhee" Ania asked Rahul, who was focused on his chess game.

She was trying her best to understand what her brothers were playing but it was going all above her head

"Is game ke baad pakka," Rahul replied, still concentrating.

"Adi Bhaiya main karoon?" she asked, trying to move one of the chess pieces.

"Arey aik minute" he moved her hand back

"Baba mujhe koi nahi khila raha" she whined, and her father approached.

"Adi aik minute utho" Mahesh said. Aditya got up from the chair, and Mahesh sat down, with Ania standing next to him.

"chalo ab bhaiya ko Harate hain" he said playfully looking at Ania, who giggled.

"Aray baba ap burhe ho gayi hain aj toh main he jeeton ga" Rahul teased his father.

"Acha beta dekhte hain," Mahesh replied with the same energy.

In the end, Mahesh won, and Ania gave him a high-five.

"Bhaiya main jeete mera gift" she said, extending her hand.